When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is a Gen dial a worthwhile upgrade for a TC Sub?

bpolo

I just bought a TC V4 Sub...Im wondering if its worth it to invest in a Gen 16610 dial....Im noticing very, very slight differences in the font of the

TC vs Gen...

What is the avg going rate for a gen dial, and how difficult is it to change? About how much would a modder charge to change it for me?

Regards

Edited by bpolo

I love putting gen parts on our watches, all of mine have them.

In this case however, I agree with sneed. Reps have come so far.

These dials are so close with lume that's almost like gen, no reason unless your using a gen movement.

No.

The variance in font (as minor as it is) isn't worth spending that kind of money on... To the average joe viewing public, they wouldn't notice... To someone who actually knows the difference, a gen collector would just say "It's a fake trying to be real..." Only a rep collector would appreciate the difference, but likely not care :lol: Better things to spend your dollar on, amigo :good::drinks:

d8ae62a8.jpg

Mine has gen dial, my modder installed it without a problem. The mod isn't necessary, but many of us like to Franken a watch. For me the main focus of a watch is the dial, it's totally personal but I like to look and know its perfect visually. Hell I know it's a rep but it is pure personal preference. I have to agree the rep dial has great lume but when you compare it to the gen and start comparing then the font issue and print can be seen to be inferior on the rep, but you really do have to look and wOuld need a gen in hand to compare with.

So ultimate answer, if you want to Franken the watch go for it. If you just want a great rep, get gen insert and wear it.

Mine has gen insert and a gen crystal too. I'm waiting on a gen crown then finito.

Here's mine. Couldn't find a good Black/SILVER gen insert, so. I put a gen TT Blk/Gold insert for now, that I sourced real cheap. I'm looking for a new gen blk insert...here are my pics.. I'm agreeing, now that I'm wearing the watch. The dial is great. I may just buy a nato and wear that instead of the bracelet, however..

post-45208-0-25425600-1340260670_thumb.j

post-45208-0-24286300-1340260691_thumb.j

post-45208-0-35672300-1340260764_thumb.j