When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

insanely expensive dial, experts pls weigh in

cc33

Hello, I finally got a response and pics from Minh for a pn 6265 dial to have as an option for my phong 6265. Phongs dials are ok but they are 5-600$ so you would expect perfection. Minh wants 1000$ for his. I was going to buy the phong one whenever his would be ready, but now I'm seriously considering this one. The top are minh's and last one is phong's. Worth the astronomical price?

post-38788-0-15264400-1341676409_thumb.p

post-38788-0-44185800-1341676428_thumb.p

post-38788-0-95935700-1341676446_thumb.p

post-38788-0-27189400-1341676474_thumb.j

• 3 months later...

Bumping this thread as I am weighing the same options as CC. Only difference is that I am looking into a 2-line white PN dial for a 6239/6241 buildl. I see a clear difference between a Phong and a MQ. Still waiting for pics from both as I initially received the controversial 3 CROC dial pics.

Almost twice the price...I know, it's a rep dial anyway you look at it. However, the gen can't even be had!!!

If you really want something, you just have to forget the price tag and enjoy the life.

Does paying big bucks for something fake make any sense at all? Definitely not.

But that doesn't stop bimbos from buying plastic tits, either.

• Like 2

Way to expensive

Depends. There's a genuine white Sigma on sale on eBay for $3000 that was modified (poorly, IMHO) with the red Daytona writing. I think Sheartime has tried to auction this one a few times. I personally think that is way too expensive. The crooked Daytona would kill me every time I look down at it!

That being said, I would never ever spend $1000 on a rep dial.

Normally, I would agree for a dial that can be had for a reasonable amount. I am talking about a dial worth, I'm guessing, over $30,000 if such a loose dial would even come up for sale. Most of us agree that a dial makes the watch. If you go through the process of getting an expensive case, a V72, a gen insert... It becomes essential to have a great, not good dial!

That's where i am at in my reflection. A $1,000 "refinished" dial is how I am trying to convince myself. I know where I will end up on this...