When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep factories being raided?

Legend

I got to agree with that mate....

Not from opinion but experience... one of those experiences being here now on my wrist.. sent last week arrived this AM.... ;)

Awesome :tu: I've always waited four to five weeks for stuff to arrive, and what with all the shite about the Olympics causing delays in customs due to replica merchandise, talk of factory raids and legal action posted against TDs, I was expecting to wait at least that this time round. However... I made the order on a Monday evening, and the following Tuesday morning, the watch had arrived... Out of curiousity, what did you order? Mine was a GMT II, Hambone's equally speedy Cartel delivery was a TT GMTIIc, so I'm wondering if they might be 'less popular' stock which dealers might have easier access to, or if it really is simply a case of there really being no delays, and the TDs're just milking the situation to either look like they're going above and beyond to get the goods through, or just preparing to start filtering in price rises because the masses are preparing themselves to pay them :g::bangin:

It was a couple of V6 (Tag) HB BBKs 44mm... there is a V6 Diver on its way ... there are 2 HB BBKs 48mm from the H maker ... 1 PAM390 from the Noob... and a Hysek all ordered in last 2 weeks and either QCd, posted or arrived.. :)

It was a couple of V6 (Tag) HB BBKs 44mm... there is a V6 Diver on its way ... there are 2 HB BBKs 48mm from the H maker ... 1 PAM390 from the Noob... and a Hysek all ordered in last 2 weeks and either QCd, posted or arrived.. :)

Supply is clearly an issue for the dealer ;):good::drinks:

LOL!

To be fair though 2 of them came from a different dealer.... !!

Ahh, but that is good, as it shows that supply is clearly not an issue for dealers in general, as folks're getting stuff through from multiple dealers with no issue :)

I was at MBK in Bangkok a few days ago and they had all the usual low grade reps on open display, and many more slightly better ones under the counters, But as soon as I asked about ETA or 7750 based reps everyone clammed up and started looking around for police. In a whole day there I didn't find a single rep of the type we have here. The closest was one guy who claimed he could get them delivered by motorcycle within 2 hours, but had to be paid up front.

I'm convinced the raids are targeting the new super high grade reps specifically, I've long maintained that the Swiss didn't really care about the tourist grade reps we see all over the place, but the new stuff we're seeing now has them really worried.

I am happy to see some of us still managed to obtain supplies. I guess its a matter of which dealer you purchase from and also the specific watch. Its very encouraging to hear that this channel is not shutdown. :)

I could not purchase anything from King's for the past month. Perhaps the problem is merely at dealer level. Has anyone managed to purchase ROO's sec@12 or anything specifically from the Noob factory?

Thank you

I am happy to see some of us still managed to obtain supplies. I guess its a matter of which dealer you purchase from and also the specific watch. Its very encouraging to hear that this channel is not shutdown. :)

I could not purchase anything from King's for the past month. Perhaps the problem is merely at dealer level. Has anyone managed to purchase ROO's sec@12 or anything specifically from the Noob factory?

Thank you

I think that is a good point. Even with stepped up vigilance they can't shut down everyone. But the the bigger more advanced factories (and potentiially dealers) are probably easier prey. They can't just pack up and move on.

What with Facebook and YouTube accounts, I am not surprized that these dealers are coming under fire from the Big Dog's legal teams... All the time they were obscure, they were able to operate below the radar. Once they 'went mainstream' (with their still totally illegal and black market businesses) it was only a matter of time before they came under sanctions :bangin: As before though, I'm not actually seeing any evidence of delays. King is a former Cartel dealer, so in the same league of 'untrustworthiness' as Andrew and Josh, as far as I'm concerned :whistling:

TeeJay

Good perspective. Which TD would you recommend then if I want to start sourcing for noob watches?

If you want to stick to the forum list, then I believe Narikaa is able to source noob watches, and WatchEden is probably worth emailing :victory: Personally, I'm not so specific as to source factory, and just take what I can get on CQout :lol: Joking aside, I've never been let down by what I've received, nor called out, so never had a reason to 'up my game' :pardon: I think being specific is only really a requirement if you need a specific case for a modding project :)

Angus and Toro seem to have the closest relationship with the Noob factory but most all dealers should be able to get their watches

Angus' wait lists have gotten bad on some noob watches because of the volume of customers he gets on noob watches compared to some other dealers so that can be a negative

im now having real issues with josh with a repair keeps changing his story had it a month now but hes still pushing any new watches he gets or ones i have added to a list i gave him

he said in his last email that repairs are not as important new orders take precedence over them

Today is the 15th (in SE Asia at least) and King has expectedly said to give her "another 2-3 days" for supplies to resume at noob factory, due to ongoing government raids..

So, still no joy...will have to see how long this "raid" lasts lol

Today is the 15th (in SE Asia at least) and King has expectedly said to give her "another 2-3 days" for supplies to resume at noob factory, due to ongoing government raids..

So, still no joy...will have to see how long this "raid" lasts lol

At least, she looks clear and advertises us not to order for instance, unlike some other dealers who try to hide us that the "raid" is still going on ... :evil2:

I contacted both Andrew and Joshua over the last two days about a noob PAM111, and both responded last night that Noob was shut down and the H-Factory 111 was better anyway. Uhhhh, that wasn't what I had been reading but ok.....may be time to spring for the gen and save the rep purchases for other things on my list....

Do any of the dealers have access to the likes of AP Roo secs@12's? which, I gather are specifically noob only?

From the posts I read, some guys are getting their orders and some not. Nobody mentioned AP ROOs specifically though someone got the QC pics of the AP diver V3 from Toro.

Again, this seems to be a dealer-specific problem. I know for sure King's is not getting supplies from Noob. Whether she (and other dealers) is unwilling or unable to is a question I cannot answer though..

im now having real issues with josh with a repair keeps changing his story had it a month now but hes still pushing any new watches he gets or ones i have added to a list i gave him

he said in his last email that repairs are not as important new orders take precedence over them

The question is, can he genuinely fulfill new orders? His policy of "new sales over repair" is not something I concur with, but I shall not comment further on this. I know of at least one dealer here who is taking orders actively and hedging a lot on delivery.