When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep factories being raided?

Legend

My TD (Kingwatch) just informed me that several rep factories are under raid currently and she could not supply for any watches for the next 10 days or so.

She has named the Noob factory as one which is currently closed.

Is anyone else tried to place an order recently or gotten any news on this? It seems to me China is becoming strict for the rep business.

That is the current word I heard as well. The Noob factory is the latest one under siege. That has been the case for more than a week now. I am not sure they are completely closed down (maybe doing evening shifts or something like that) but their production is at least temporarily severely curtailed if not shut down. So what that means for members is that they have to be ever more vigilant about checking dealers' stocks before ordering.

Yes, so better take note of this if you are placing orders for reps.. I doubt anyone can get stuff from Noob's currently.

My TD's website has been taken down totally. :(

check out www.kingshowbox.com

I ran into the same issue with Trusty. I am sympathetic to what is happening but when customers get frustrated it is the sellers own fault. The sellers should place a notice on their web sites about potential delays and then if someone orders then they are going into the purchase with their eyes open. If not then, the sellers deserve the emails and frustration they receive from the purchasers!!

TimeShare

IMHO, assume nothing. Some watches may be in stock, a factory may be open long enough to snap a QC pic or ship a piece or ultimately things go back to normal. The most important thing is ro communicate with your trusted dealer and have a real understanding what timing or availability really is. And yes, a reasonable amount of patience is required in any case. we are dealing with contraband. :)

Might want to go to puretimes storefront here, Angus posted a really comprehensive letter today, that explains a lot about the workings of the Chinese watch factory /dealer system. Doesn't say anything about hte current problems with crackdowns or dealer lawsuits, but it's a worthwhile read.

Might want to go to puretimes storefront here, Angus posted a really comprehensive letter today, that explains a lot about the workings of the Chinese watch factory /dealer system. Doesn't say anything about hte current problems with crackdowns or dealer lawsuits, but it's a worthwhile read.

I went to the puretime.co site, and did not see the letter. Do you mind posting it here to share with the rest of us please? Thank you.

Situation update:

Earlier on today, got news from a dealer (not one of the TDs here) that the noob factory is operating again.

I checked with connie from Kingwatch and found that this is not the case. She has given me a time of "2-3 weeks" for it to get going again, but she did not sound convincing.

Anyone else with updates on this?

Situation update:

Earlier on today, got news from a dealer (not one of the TDs here) that the noob factory is operating again.

I checked with connie from Kingwatch and found that this is not the case. She has given me a time of "2-3 weeks" for it to get going again, but she did not sound convincing.

Anyone else with updates on this?

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Guy's got this pic from MY dealer in China. All of them are watching the olympics right now (so do i when my daughter sleeps) they have many people over there and this is big for them ;) so when the Olypics are over everything is getting back to normal, in the meen time, just...

a27fbf0d.jpg

:D

It would be prudent to wait ordering for a week or so as the Chinese police have arrested a number of people in the rep trade,

and seized packages from the freight forwarders. We all get anxious and count the day till our time pieces arrive, but the fact is,

and please believe me, the next 10 days are important to lay low for the sake of our hobby, and to support the guys who make this hobby possible.

We all want the best outcome, and it is time to be as supportive as possible to these hard working family men who face possible prison terms. My feeling is that it will

blow over. Pitfalls are the norm for our game and the pitfalls have never been more alarming. Be patient.

It would be prudent to wait ordering for a week or so as the Chinese police have arrested a number of people in the rep trade,

and seized packages from the freight forwarders. We all get anxious and count the day till our time pieces arrive, but the fact is,

and please believe me, the next 10 days are important to lay low for the sake of our hobby, and to support the guys who make this hobby possible.

We all want the best outcome, and it is time to be as supportive as possible to these hard working family men who face possible prison terms. My feeling is that it will

blow over. Pitfalls are the norm for our game and the pitfalls have never been more alarming. Be patient.

Dear Hambone

thank you for the update. Sounds serious to me, but I understand this is a routine part of the rep industry in China.. same goes for rep handbags and other luxury goods.

The rep industry is simply too lucrative to be kept down. I agree with you, patience is imperative here.