When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep factories being raided?

Legend

Different dealers will tell you different things.

From what I know, some dealers can still get stock for noob watches.

I don't want to be the doomsday prophet and proclaim replica armaggeddon just because I am not able to get the watches I want from my dealer.

I am sure there are plenty here with better luck and resources than me. :)

Just a minor update: Looks like the supposed "raids" are letting up. Its just that this round of clamp-downs seem to be a more serious ones compared with the perfunctory, slap on the wrist variety in the past. I expect the following:

a. The industry would definitely carry on, at least for the next ten years. When it comes to money-making, the chinese are one of the shrewdest folks around. You can bet your last rep that they would adapt and survive any government raid. Perhaps by offering the raid officer their best Panerai or AP.

b. The costs of reps would likely go up at least slightly soon, either because of the raids, or because the dealers know we would be expecting it "because of the raids"

c. That I could whip member ZorroLondon's butt with a bamboo switch 99 times before he realizes what's happening. :clap2:

Ok point c is a private joke for my new friend but lets see if a and b would come to pass.. ;)