When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT2C, the only Modern Rolex got right!

Gw4k

d764b389.jpg

I owned a gen GMT2C and traded it in (+cash) to get my gen AP Panda...since then, I have regretted it.

Now I have 3 GMT2C reps and they are scary close to gens. ICHS aside, not too many people can call you out.

Great watch both gen and rep to buy.

My Gen (now Sold)

3cecb045.jpg

Wow-great watches! I love the Full Gold. Can you guys post more photos of the two-tone and full gold please?

Also, are they the newest models as there seems to be new versions of all three, SS, TT, & FG at Perfect Clones?

Thanks!

What's the significance of use on the GMT vs the Submariner? Obviously the GMT hand, but

for someone stays in one time zone is there another use? Like on the sub you can use the bezel for things like a parking meter? I guess I'm trying to justify myself in buying one! :)

What's the significance of use on the GMT vs the Submariner? Obviously the GMT hand, but

for someone stays in one time zone is there another use? Like on the sub you can use the bezel for things like a parking meter? I guess I'm trying to justify myself in buying one! :)

Actually if you aren't ever going to travel, or you need to know the time in another time zone, the submariner bezel is a better choice. As you said, it can be used not only as a dive timer, but to time your steaks on the Bar-B-Que, parking meters, etc. The 24 hour insert on the GMT doesn't lend itself to those uses.

I had a GMT11C, and it was a very nice watch. I would love to have another one with the factory AR crystal. It is to me one of the nicest reps of contemporary Rolex watches.

I know the GMT Master was designed to allieviate jet lag, but when I went to Tokyo for my honeymoon and to attend my best friend's wedding (same occasion) I was wearing a GMT II and still suffered terribly from jet lag :bangin: Maybe it's just me, but I was constantly aware of what the time was at home, and never adjusted to the Japanese timezone at all :pardon: However, I do have a custom GMT build planned. My intent is for it to be a vacation watch, but I strongly suspect it will become a daily beater instead :whistling: From my own experience, I would suggest that the GMT function is great for if you need to track someone else's different timezone, say a family member who's travelling, or an overseas business contact, but as above, for actual travel, I found it to be more of a hinderance than a help (Of course, YMMV...) Reasons for buying a GMT though... They look cool. They have way more color variety within the models than Submariners, and at the end of the day, they do have all the appeal of the Submariner, just with an added extra :) Even if you never use the GMT function, they still look badass :victory:

PS The triangular marker on the GMT can still be rotated to act as a timer, just like a Submariner, so it can still retain that function :victory:

Agreed..it's the only one in Rolex's new ceramic modern line I care for, and when I get around to getting one I'll probably put it on a rubberB like Freddy did. The stock bracelet it crazy bling for me.

I just bought the GMT 2 swiss two tone, and al,most got the full gold. The full gold looks great but when held in your hand, the gen has a much greater weight to it.

My dealer advised me of this and so am waiting for the two tone to arrive in a few days. Funny thing is, I spoke to a fellow at my business today who owms the gen and was wearing it. This timepiece is a beauty.

The TT is not to much. I almost got the full gold, but the TT is classicly sublime, and a gorgeous watch.. Bottom line....It all depend on how you carry yourself, if you are concerned about what others might think, but hey, screw their opinions. get what you want Bro

OK, so you guys convinced me - I need an SS GMT IIc.

Now, which dealer has a really nice one? I've looked at dealer photos and in some, the bezel number cutouts seem to too thin.

I had one, got it modded up, sold it,saw this thread a couple of days ago, just bought another one on the sales forum today!! I also got a genuine crystal with the proper AR, so here we go again!! It will get the same treatment, superlume the hands and dial, service the movement and install the genuine crystal. Who knows,I might keep this one for a while.

Did you say you are going to French a member?? Be sure to brush your teeth after. Sorry... you left yourself open there

:inverted:

The last one i had did not have superlume, but the new ones might. this one is supposed to be brand new, the seller resized the bracelet, teried it on, but didn't like the idea that the crystal did not have AR like the genuine, so he sold it. I hope that it is superlumed from the get go, that would save me a bit of cash.

The genuine crystal was purchsed here on the forum.

My previous GMTIIC was a really nice watch, but like all the others, it didn't have the AR'ed cyclops like the genuine. it got to be a big deal for me.Like a lot of others here on the forum, we seem to obscess over little things that the average person would never notice. Some things don't bother me at all, but for some reason the cyclops seemed to reflect light quite a lot, and it made it hard to read the date.