When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lawsuit filed against a number of replica watch sellers

xxl17

Not sure if everyone saw this but Hermes, Breitling, Omega, Chopard, Omega, Henri Stern and LVMH have started a lawsuit in District Court in California seeking a restraining order preventing a number of domains from operating. TrustyTime, Puretime and Silix were all on the list as well as a ton of others. Wonder if this is connected to the raids. You can see all of the legal papers at hxxp://www.servingnotice.com/fh/ Interesting. Does this happen frequently?

I am wondering why they target the mobile/internet dealer but not the stationary/physical factory that produce the replica. The root cause is the manufacturer not the dealer. If there is no producer, automatically, there won't be any dealer.

Maybe is just for show? Does anyone has an answer to it?

Edited by Axela2012

It's just for show.......one of the Chinese Agenda is to ruin parts of the Western economy and this is in their plan. Where in the world can you find a Fake Apple store, but in China. Where can you find an Apple store that stocks REP Apple products .......

Although China is now the biggest Industrial Economy, it does not spend as much in R&D compared to the Western economies......they just hack into computer systems and steal everyone else's data.......

Check "http://www.youtube.c...ed/Js52FjOsgPA"

They can't stop the factories, because they have zero authority to do so. It would take the Chinese Government to decide that replicas, fakes counterfeits, what ever you use to describe them, are bad enough for their economy and image to shut them down. they could do this in a week if they so desired.They don't!! For several reasons, one I don't think the Chinese government gives a hoot as to what we (the West in general) feel about them. Thye know that as long as they produce good products at a reasonable price, we will buy from them. Second, the Chinesr economy is slowing somewhat, due to the global slowdown. These factories employ people, lots of people. Read the post that Angus /puretime posted today. His watch business employs 10+ people. The replica, fake , counterfeit factories employ thousands. Were it not for these jobs, a lot of these workers would be unemployed. Unemployment breeds social unrest. One thing that the Chinese government fears above everything else is massive social upheavals. So All the luxury brands in the world can file lawsuits in New York federal court, until they are blue in the face, it's all lip service. thye might harass the dealers a little, keep them disrupted by forcing server changes, wesite moves, etc. but in the long run it's business as usual. Another thing that is a tell that all this is blowing smoke, you don't see Rolex, Breguet, Omega,Hermes, Cartier and all the other myriad luxury brands, shutting down their boutique stores in China to protest the replica trade, do you? Of course not. Sales in China have be a big factor in their growth over the past few years, they aren't going to stop the gravy train.

Actually, I don't see why the prestige brand watch makers have to worry and fuss.

The guy who buys a $300 rep does so because he would not or could not spend the $6000 on the gen item.

so even without the rep being available, he would not be buying the gen anyway. The only issue is when the rep product becomes a 100% replacement for the gen item, at 5% of the price. But currently, without spending salient amounts of money on replica watches, this is not achievable for >99% of the rep watches that come out of the box? I am talking about true 100% replication here.

In fact, the rep business serves to market the brands they replicate.

Its just that once in a while, the legal issues need to prop up to remind the rep makers not to go too far in their endeavors. Kind of like a kick in the shin to remind the over enthusiastic little brother who's the boss.

This too shall pass. Just ride it out guys.

to shut down the factories would be to cut off their noses to spite their face. coach , hermes and burberry ALL need and rely on the cheap labour that these factories in China provide. they will look the other to a degree in order to pad their bottom line. they shut down the dealers and not the manufacturer as a result

Actually, I don't see why the prestige brand watch makers have to worry and fuss.

The guy who buys a $300 rep does so because he would not or could not spend the $6000 on the gen item.

so even without the rep being available, he would not be buying the gen anyway.

I agree with you, but if I was going to spend a big chunk of cash on a gen, I wouldn't want every Tom, [censored] and Harry to be sporting a rep of the same model. I think it detracts from the exclusivity.

Luckily for me, I doubt I'll ever buy a gen and have that problem... oh, crap

I agree with you, but if I was going to spend a big chunk of cash on a gen, I wouldn't want every Tom, [censored] and Harry to be sporting a rep of the same model. I think it detracts from the exclusivity.

Luckily for me, I doubt I'll ever buy a gen and have that problem... oh, crap

I believe that what you said here is the underlying factor behind the "luxury" brands pursuit of any and everyone who is involved with Counterfeit goods. It's what I think they call "brand dilution".Their theory is that if the great unwashed masses are all toting a Louis Vuitton bag, or wearing a Rolex watch, why would the folks who can afford the genuine even want one? There is probably some truth to that reasoning.

For the life of me,Ii cannot see spending 10k for a handbag! But, then I'm not a woman, ands I make aabsolutely no claims as to how they think. Outside of the really wealthy, I would bet that 99% of women, given the choice of a 600.00 USD counterfeit or a 10K genuine, would chose the counterfeit. after all, they saved 9,400.00USD , Now they don't think like that, what they really think is WOW! I can buy 15 more nice bags for my 10k.or 5 more bags and shoes to match each one. Another factor, as the goods get better and better (Probably made in the same factory as the genuine on the second shift) More and more folks that can actuallly afford the genuine are dwawn to the reps. If a gal has a good friend or two, and they all talk about their "Stuff" One of them confides to her friends that the bag shes carrying is really a replica. After they all dissect the suspect, and find that that they can't tell the difference. Pretty soon, they are all wearing replica shoes and matching bags. That's why the "luxury ' brands are worried.

Although the replica watch business is pretty big business, I would expect that the replica clothing accessories and jewelry business is much,much larger. Women buy a lot of clothing, handbags and shoes, so it's a business with lots of potential.

It's just for show.......one of the Chinese Agenda is to ruin parts of the Western economy and this is in their plan. Where in the world can you find a Fake Apple store, but in China. Where can you find an Apple store that stocks REP Apple products .......

Although China is now the biggest Industrial Economy, it does not spend as much in R&D compared to the Western economies......they just hack into computer systems and steal everyone else's data.......

Check "http://www.youtube.c...ed/Js52FjOsgPA"

So was it a Chinese guy on the grasy knoll?? :);)

Hi folks. I'm brand new to this whole scene, so I've been checking out the whole of RWG. This place is sensational. I have so much to learn! I've been following this thread in particular. The whole process of chasing down the suppliers, but leaving the factories alone, smacks of the authorities just needing to be seen to be doing something to appease somebody. Just my humble opinion.

Hi folks. I'm brand new to this whole scene, so I've been checking out the whole of RWG. This place is sensational. I have so much to learn! I've been following this thread in particular. The whole process of chasing down the suppliers, but leaving the factories alone, smacks of the authorities just needing to be seen to be doing something to appease somebody. Just my humble opinion.

To track the factories down would take much more time and effort, which translates to much more money being thrown down the drain. This is because they can never really eradicate the factory operations. As long there exists a great cost discrepancy between the gen and rep watches, there will always be a demand for the reps. And the chinese are very shrewd opportunists. Shut down factory A, and it simply resurrects again under a different company in a matter of months or even weeks. Forcing the rep industry to go underground via legal enforcements may just drive the rep prices up due to scarcity of demand, and until the pricing becomes inflated to an absurd level or a complete industry meltdown occurs due to consistent and aggressive enforcement, the rep industry is here to stay for a long long time...