When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JLC NSD - Teardown

mt666tm

So me being the idiot that I am I wanted to see how the crown key worked, and I forgot to set to the date before I pulled the stem, or perhaps I pushed just a feather-weight too much, and the keyless works mucked up...

So what the hell, may as well tear it all down and take some pics, and use the opportunity to set date change to 12 on the mark. The only thing I didn't do was to pop the bezel off, but it's a 60-click, so pretty standard = use your imagination.

Here's the autopsy report ;)

IMG_20120726_135752.jpg

IMG_20120726_104036.jpg

IMG_20120726_114032.jpg

IMG_20120726_113938.jpg

IMG_20120726_113928.jpg

IMG_20120726_111900.jpg

IMG_20120726_111823.jpg

IMG_20120726_111852.jpg

IMG_20120726_120130.jpg

IMG_20120726_132240.jpg

IMG_20120726_121248.jpg

IMG_20120726_125106.jpg

ETA stamp, Lucky me, they must have given me a Swiss movement ;)

IMG_20120726_135830.jpg

Back on my wrist where it belongs!

IMG_20120726_140305.jpg

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I like this watch very much, onely thing is the brecelet that dont work for me! Could look amazing with a nice used leather strap :) i like to see this watch on leather, someone pleeeeas.

Thanks for the pics ;)

Good detail! Thanks for taking the time to share this :) I'm going to put a swiss ETA into mine, and use the clone for something else...

Presumably I don't need to remove the compression key to remove the stem?

...regarding the bracelet adjustment or lack of: I just use the 2 extension links to get the fine adjustment. I think it's really comfortable, and normally I hate lack of fine adjustment. Otherwise I would've changed straps or flipped the watch on.

I need to see it on a leather strap guys, c'mon ;)

IMO, I think it looks good on Hirsch ACCENT rubber strap, like this pic. We'll see when it arrives. ;)

JLCNavySEALsDA17smallA.jpg

...but this gen strap also looks good.

JLCNavySEALsDA07small-1.jpg

...and cheap nato option also seems to work.

JLCNavySEALsDA11small.jpg

JLCNavySEALsDA13small.jpg

>@ Importr : No you dont have to remove the key to remove the stem. If you are going to do the ETA swap you may run into a datewheel alignment problem. To fix it you have to use the positioning spring from the asian movement... or whatever the part is called. I just installed Eta into my V3 diver and it solved the problem, which had the exact same A2824 as the NSD.

check the pic, asian part on left swiss on the right. very subtle but they are different length.

post-27188-0-87491800-1343420181_thumb.j

Does anyone know how "waterproof" this watch is? With all those gaskets it's got to count for something.

I prob. won't ever go deeper than 10ft.

Ordered mine from Andrew at Trusty Time. Got the QC pics today and can't wait to have it in hand.

From what I understand, all of these watches come from a single source so there should be no difference.

I have ordered from Anderw before and he is great to work with.

Mine holds up very well swimming, so far.

I was wearing my NSD out in the field (cliff jumping) and treating it pretty rough. The watch slipped down to my lower wrist and my hand bent back hard and the bracelet made a 'pop' sound on one link... The links are made from rubber with hard plastic centers, and I managed to actually crack one of the hard plastic centers, without damaging the rubber so it was still held together.

I got home and took a knife to the link and cut it open to take a look and the mystery screws are actually a hollow tube bar that goes all the way through with press-fit caps that have faux screw heads.

I replaced the broken link with one of the proper screw-in extras that I had. So now we can see how the upper links are held together...

IMG_20120808_155808.jpg