When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Mark XVI Spitfire - Gen VS Rep dial

ryaku

Hi All,

I have almost completed my fanken Iwc Mark XVI and I wanted to share with you some pics just to show the differences between the gen dial and the rep dial.

Rep dial is, in all honesty, surprisingly good.

There are differences of course but the quality of the rep dial is amazing.

If you look close you can see a more pronounced 3D effect in the gen dial due to larger and taller markers.

Lume is average also in the gen dial (IWC ...wake up!! such expensive watches must have a way better lume!!)

I'll let the pics do the talking.

Gen dial is the one with hands..., it's the dial on the left if no dial has hands in the picture. :D

13.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

6-2.jpg

14.jpg

5-1.jpg

4-2.jpg

1-1.jpg

11.jpg

Thanks for reading

Thanks for sharing ryaku! Is it just me or us the gen 6pm marker off center with the 30?

It's the light and the fact that the marker is quite tall...it looks off center in pics and in the flesh too depending on the light inclination. :)

Great work mate

Thanks buddy, you helped me a lot as usual also for this project. ;)

Nice to see both dials side by side. Thanks for taking the time to share.

great rep nonetheless :tu:

Agreed, it's a great rep out of the box. :)

Wow looks great buddy! So what was the mod needed on the bracelet?

And how about a wristie!

I'll upload a wrist shot soon :)

Really nice

What I like in this watch is the weight and the size: I'm not a fan of big watches at all and the Mark XVI fits perfectly my taste and wrist.

I forgot to thank hacra who sourced the dial. Great guy to deal with, too bad he has not much spare time at the moment.

Thanks red,

the watch sits very low on the wrist and it's very light. With its 39mm diameter It is probably the most comfortable watch I have ever had.

I love the bracelet too, it fits like a glove.

The Spitfire pilot chrono dial is even more beautiful imho but I was looking for a non chrono model < 42mm hence the decision.

Thanks red,

the watch sits very low on the wrist and it's very light. With its 39mm diameter It is probably the most comfortable watch I have ever had.

I love the bracelet too, it fits like a glove.

The Spitfire pilot chrono dial is even more beautiful imho but I was looking for a non chrono model < 42mm hence the decision.

Definitely one of the most comfortable watches out there. I have it on a croc strap, which is even lighter. Love it.

Thanks for the photos mate!

I've always been drawn the spitfire styling. Even having the chrono version I still think the XVI version has enough differences to make it it's own category. I've never seen a wristy on bracelet though, and I have to say, it look absolutely fantastic. Makes the watch looks 1 size larger precense on the wrist without actually being larger - if you know what I mean.

Definitely one of the most comfortable watches out there. I have it on a croc strap, which is even lighter. Love it.

+10

I just got one and it feel light and solid. Very comfortable watch!

• 2 months later...

Hi Novum, no problem, I got the gen dial from Hacra, he was a very active member here and on RepGeek as well, not anymore these days though.

I paid the dial 160€ if I remember right.

Also the spare bracelet wasn't that cheap...70usd roughly but for me it's an essential improvement

• Like 1

Hi Novum, no problem, I got the gen dial from Hacra, he was a very active member here and on RepGeek as well, not anymore these days though.

I paid the dial 160€ if I remember right.

Also the spare bracelet wasn't that cheap...70usd roughly but for me it's an essential improvement

Nice! I really like your watch.

Greetings

• 2 months later...

Very interesting to see side by side rep and gen dials. On rep, digits are biger than on the gen.

But... do we have now updated rep dials ? Because after looking this post, I had a look at my own rep (bought January 2012 from Josh). And the digits look like your gen dial.

2ic1bbk.jpg

When I look back at your pictures side by side, I see that "5" and "7" digits and marker at 6 almost touch the central part of the dial on the rep. But on the gen, there is a distance. And I have the same distance on my rep. Other point : on your picture digits seem to be thicker on the rep. But on my rep, they look exactly like on your gen.

So, I think that your rep dial is probably an older production than mine, and they improved it.

Otherwise, I confirm this watch is beautigul and very comfortable. Pity that the movement failed ! It stopped after few monthes (and I was not wearing it every day) and I have to repair it now.

Paul

Paul