When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

starting a 1603 rolex datejust

aurelienconiglio

i bought an gen jubilee bracelet, on the bay, yesterday wich should arrive by the end of the week, but i made my first mistake, i bought it in 19mm... does anyone know if i can just change the endlinks or i will have to get a new one?

i also bought a seagull movement copy of the eta 2824-2, wich also should arrive by the end of the week

Not 100% sure on this, but you should be able to just change the end links. Depending on how much stretch/play there is in the bracelet, the two center ends should be able to be fit in the new end links if they happen to be a slightly different width or the inside link-to-link distance is a tad smaller than the 20mm. And for the few dollars it would cost to pick up a pair of rep 20mm endlinks it's worth a shot.

I will warn you, however, that there will be a noticeable difference between the last link and the end link. It will look off and it may or may not bother you.

hi,

i just sent a mail to the seller to get a refund before he send it, he told me that he's got a 20mm as well and will send it to me instead of the 19mm, amazing!

i received today the seagull st2130 movement, it doest look good, just one thing, there is no second hand on it... i've bought tudor's hands anyway.

post-46640-0-05247100-1344351195_thumb.j

post-46640-0-35312300-1344351207_thumb.j

post-46640-0-47482800-1344351221_thumb.j

I used a 2824-2 when I built my Explorer I with a DJ 1601 case- but the dial was flat

photo-4.jpg

But with a pie pan dial, I would think the movement would be shifted up in the case- I wonder if a 2836-2 would work better since the stem is lower than on a 2824-2

I wonder who else around here has built a 1600 DJ franken w/ the pie pan dial....

The 2836 will not work properly, only the 2824 will work correctly. With a piepan dial it will set up higher in the case, but that won't be a problem because you will be using a plastic crystal and the sweep second should clear the bottom of the crystal easily. I would recommend a gen crystal, they seal better.

• 3 weeks later...

That white dial looks good- reminds me of my recent white dialed DayDate build-

photo-14.jpg

I used an aftermarket imitation fluted bezel, but it worked out ok.

Movement was the 1556 and the case was the 16000 case which was specially turned by Phong to accept the Rolex movement.

With a DWO you should be in good shape- good luck.

• 3 months later...