When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner 16610 Crown Guards

yeldarb

It seems as though that most members, when they're buying a submariner 16610 one of their biggest concerns is the crown guards. However when I compare pictures of different 16610's it seems as though that even on the gens the crown guards aren't very consistent either. Looking at the pictures below the first picture is a pic of my gen 16610 and if you look at the crown guards they're more squared. But now look at the picture below it, the crown guards are more like triangles which is found mostly on the reps. So what's up with this, is it that we are all anal or is it true that Rolex 16610 crown guards vary?

post-27105-0-03657500-1344717434_thumb.j

post-27105-0-63617100-1344717610_thumb.j

• 1 year later...

16610 CGs were all made the same, but more of the examples you'll see in the wild have been polished (including over-polished, like tjlocker said).  In 20 years I'm sure just as many ceramic subs will have over-polished CGs.  One unpolished 16610 will have the same CGs as another unpolished example.

I know that some brands had cases supplied from sub-contract suppliers at different times down through the years.  Does anyone know if this is true of Rolex too?