When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My hometown NYC just Surprised me

lionsandtigers

Been living in NYC my whole 37 years and today she shocked me. I drive a Ducati gt1000, bikes worth about 14k. Today, for the first time ever, I left my key on the seat!!! I got to the bike hours later and there was a note on a napkin from a dude who had the key. Instead of taking off he left his number and helped a brother out. SHOCKING. going to get it right now. Guess there's still some good honest people left in the world.

• Like 1

It reaffirms your belief in people doesn't it :inverted: in my time I've seen and dealt with some real a******s, every now and then though someone will really surprise the crap out of ya and you won't forget them for a very long time!

There are some truly great people out there in the world........only problem is it can take a while to meet them ;)

Great to hear. And actually not so surprising. NYC never ceases to amaze me. It is a very different place. Frankly, with the exception of a few remaining dark corners it is safer than almost every other City in the U.S. and most suburbs. It is a very different place. The neighborhood where I had my first walk-up apartment directly above a bordello is now the same one where there are cops on every street corner and the houses sell for millions of dollars. Some days the whole town feels too Disneyesque. Congrats on the bike. I will look for you riding around. There aren't very many GT's floating around the City. :)

Great to hear. And actually not so surprising. NYC never ceases to amaze me. It is a very different place. Frankly, with the exception of a few remaining dark corners it is safer than almost every other City in the U.S. and most suburbs. It is a very different place. The neighborhood where I had my first walk-up apartment directly above a bordello is now the same one where there are cops on every street corner and the houses sell for millions of dollars. Some days the whole town feels too Disneyesque. Congrats on the bike. I will look for you riding around. There aren't very many GT's floating around the City. :)

When are we going for a ride? What cha riding?

Wow, nice. I love Manhattan, such an exuberant town but I just read the top of the Woolworth is going condo? Sad, the whole town is turning into uber-wealthy playground, and how boring is that.