When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wednesday Wristies

freddy333

Tudor for me today. Finished this one a month or so back but just got the urge to wear it today. Tudor sub+cyclops coolness. The case has been roughened and the overall profile slimmed down to make the CGs less "chunky" and the CGs made less stubby.

E

post-37193-134564586262.jpg

For a while, I've been inspired by a matte-dialled DayDate Ubiquitous made which is a watch presented to Rolex watchsmiths, as although I've never liked DayDates, I did like the aesthetic of the matte dial. After needing to reset the hands on this watch this morning (possibly a hand-fouling issue) I decided to take the opportunity to matte varnish the dial, and here is the result :victory:

DSCN4638.jpg

Assuming the movement doesn't stall over night like last night ( :bangin: ) this will be either an alternate beater for the occasions where I might feel like a change, or a 'dress down'/stealth watch for occasions where I want to wear something nice, but not draw any attention. The brushed finish of the bracelet and case combine with the matte dial to create a truly subtle finish, which is so un-eye catching, it's awesome in its mediocrity :victory: Not a planned project, but one which sees to be going rather nicely :good::drinks: