When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pens Pens Pens!

greekgod

Guys have been doing some reading on the pens .. and my god it will drive me crazy..!! problem is there seems to be a few different qualities of pens around. SO who would be the go to guy for top quality pens as far as being Anal OCD person. I know watcheden stocks a lot of pens but they do not name the pens as they are meant to be originally. Also there seem to be a lot of fantasy models around so how does one know which is which .. Also now they seem to write 1:1 grade but does that mean anything??

I am happy to read more but not much availabe..Please help .. I want MB and Dunhill pens...

Any input

PS: I read a looong thread on rwi started by seriph but it ended abrubtly..also that thread doesnot mention muc about where to source them!!

Thanks very much

buy a gen, seriously......

Absolutely I agree but they are waaay beyond my reach especially here in Australia. They are just beautiful I know I went into a shop today to have a look. But if the reps are good then I can atleast get a feel..of what I hear they are not that great but there are some serious threads going on over at RWI and apparently some of them are great

Mate, You should have a look at the hand made timber pens from another Aussie.....Graman, over at RWI.

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/pens-timber-106740.html

He is from Melbourne and makes some wonderful handmade Aussie timber pens. Rollerball, Fountain, and Propelling pencil are available.

I sell these at a Sunday market, here on the Gold Coast, and they are snapped up, especially by the tourists.

Offshore

you should have a look for second hand pens, not only MB or etc. There are beautiful pens out there, for example Schaeffer and other vintage pens!

http://www.ebay.com/...ion=4&_nkw=pens

Mate, You should have a look at the hand made timber pens from another Aussie.....Graman, over at RWI.

http://www.replica-w...ber-106740.html

He is from Melbourne and makes some wonderful handmade Aussie timber pens. Rollerball, Fountain, and Propelling pencil are available.

I sell these at a Sunday market, here on the Gold Coast, and they are snapped up, especially by the tourists.

Offshore

Narikaa left this forum as a dealer last year. You will have better luck emailing him directly.

Thanks J and Offshore.. Indeed I have been looking at Graman's stuff its very nice...J would you know Narikaa's email id? I did message him on rwi but no response. Also I messaged watcheden and no response... they seem to haev a very large collection of MB pens... just not sure which ones are top reps and which are not on their site.. Thanks again guys...

I agree with buying a gen. I bought a premium quality rep MontBlanc from Narikaa, and although it is good, it simply doesn't compared to my genuine MontBlanc. The biggest disappointment to me was the twist mechanism, its terrible in the rep and anyone who has ever used a genuine MontBlanc will be able to tell immediately it is a fake. I managed to pick up a brand new StarWalker on EBay for $190, you can't beat it for that price.

I agree with buying a gen. I bought a premium quality rep MontBlanc from Narikaa, and although it is good, it simply doesn't compared to my genuine MontBlanc. The biggest disappointment to me was the twist mechanism, its terrible in the rep and anyone who has ever used a genuine MontBlanc will be able to tell immediately it is a fake. I managed to pick up a brand new StarWalker on EBay for $190, you can't beat it for that price.

true but i still like the idea of a super rep pen..whihc may or may not exist ....also I cant afford to spend $200 or over at the moment so just playing ..dont know if there is any other site I can check

true but i still like the idea of a super rep pen..whihc may or may not exist ....also I cant afford to spend $200 or over at the moment so just playing ..dont know if there is any other site I can check

I paid $40 for a rep which is far inferior. I stongly suggest saving up and getting a genuine

I was at a pretty high end pen shop the other day and damn the gens look gorgeous! so I agree with every word you say!

Believe me, I got the absolute best rep I could from Narikaa (from his premium line). It just simply doesn't compare, not even close. The gen isn't cheap, but then again it isn't excessively expensive as well. Keep an eye on Ebay and you can find good deals. I have a MontBlanc Starwalker Midnight Black and also a MontBlanc Starwalker Black Mystery. I got both for a great deal on Ebay.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive owned over 10 rep montblanc pens and over 20 gen montblanc pens. Listen to what the other members are saying. Buy a gen. I suggest you go one of the pen shows in your country. That way you have a feel of the gen and also get great bargains aswell. The reps, even great 1:1 are poorly make. I brought my first montblanc reps from narikaa. I brought 5 pens and im not even lying, in a matter of 2 or 3 weeks of using them, the pens fell apart. The plating came off, the glue that held the parts gave up and the paint slowly chipped off. I brought some grade 1:1 versions and the one pen that i have been using constantly for the past 5 months, the pen fell apart and the metal fittings have all worn off! The gens i have, still look brand new even after constant use. Ive wasted over £200 on rep pens. Could have used that money to buy a gen montblanc.

• 2 weeks later...

If you did some reading, maybe a brand named Waterman came into your sight. Theit pens are real top-notch quallity. I own blue Waterman Expert Smart and i can tell you, i have never seen such a brilliant pen. Great built quality, gold coated and its colour is something like metalic blue. Go gen for cca 70 Eur. This will soothe your OCD sould (as did mine) :D

There are a number of high quality rep MB pens out there - I only deal with one seller now and have posted my findings extensively on other forums.

here are some pics of my pens

PrincessGrace-LR.jpg?t=1348755661

GraceKelly3.jpg?t=1348668075