When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC Movement option.

Guest al12

Hi guys,

I bought a TC watch set, but the movement that came with it is ETA 2836-2. When I tried to install it in the TC watch case, the stem broke as the crown hole does not aligh. Since it's very hard to get hold of TC by e-mails is my only option is a new ETA 2824-2 movement?

Thank you.

I would not worry too much. This happens a lot in our hobby ... some little one-man shop creates something special, and is promptly washed off the Earth by a flood of emails .. hundreds per week. Do you want these people answering all email, or working on their special watches? I think we all know the answer ;)

• 2 weeks later...

TC case has a slightly lower crown than Gen, it will take both gen or

2892 but the proper one is the 24... so best go for a 24...

Really? The pics TC has posted on his blog seem to show the crown position as spot on to gen. What makes you say this?

oo1

Edited by OhOhOne

It's a really subtle difference but it's there!

I don't know, are we talking about the TC V4 case that he used in his 16610 (which now seems to be sold out)? Can anyone substantiate these allegations, one way or the other? I love my TC sub, so now I'm really curious.

oo1

Edited by OhOhOne