When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what are the most sought after RLX parts?

LeSentier

All,

may I ask the question, what are the most interesting Rolex parts, or which ones are really hard to get? Inserts, Dials, cases?

The reason why I ask is that I probably - and I say PROBABLY - have a possibility to source some parts.

Please do not ask me at this moment if I can source parts for you - not at the moment. Since it was really hard to obtain the dealers confidence (took almost 2 years), I will not ask him twice a week if he can source me any parts. Maybe it is possible to purchase a small amount of the most desired parts in the future if the relationship to the dealer stays stable.

I was able to purchase some crowns and inserts for my projects today, as well as a gen ceramic insert for the blue 116619 for a friend who is currently building a gen shark.

Are you willing to list the parts here, as well as the usual market prices if you know them? So I can ask and compare if it would make sense to purchase from him in the future or not.

Best, J

ok - thanks for your input. you´re right, I should have been a little more precise.

what I meant is something like that:

1. e.g. Rolex Daytona 16520 bezel - xyz $/€...
  2. Sub Bracelet SS 93150 - xyz $/€...
  3. Dial 5513....

So at the end of the day there will be a list of parts (hopefully with prices) - the most desired/required parts win the lottery. As I said before - I can not promise anything, I just can ask if they are sourceable, and for what price.

A quick note - I am doing this just for the community. I will never act like a dealer, nor will I have a cent of profit on anything sourced. To collect parts for my own projects took a long time, and for some of them I had to pay a lot more than necessary (compared to what I paid today). I have also heard rumors, that RLX policies regarding the supply of parts will be more tightened in the future. Especially for small dealers that are no RLX service centers...but as said - just rumors, can´t clarify

There's so many needed parts it's impossible to make a "list"

About all you can say are inserts, crowns and crystals for 16610 series, after that there are hundreds of individual parts as needed for individual projects. Those three though would be the most common.

I guess the single most sought-after part is a 24-703 SS crown and tube. After that, well for vintage guys, certrainly Tropic crystals, T-19 (5513 Submariner), T-21 (Vintage Daytonas), T-39 (1665) and T-127 (1680 Submariner) crystals. Also, Springbars (no idea of item code), 20mm, 19mm for lug hole models.

Personally, I would love to get my hands on a pair of service pushers for 6263/6265 Daytonas (24-302P) :) and a 5513 service bezel. A 6263 service bezel of course would be awesome, but there's a good aftermarket option at the moment...

Getting parts in the USA has really tightened up. Dealers usually will not order more than they absolutely need because they are afraid of being accused of selling parts "out the back door".

Europe is no doubt different but I would be careful not to flood the dealer with parts orders because if rolex Europe is anything like rolex USA, they closely monitor how much (parts) each dealer is getting now compared to the past.

When parts orders jump up, they jump down on the dealer with both feet wanting to check repair invoices to see where the parts have been used.

It is hard to believe how bad rolex USA is now compared to 20 years ago.

I doubt new rolex watch sales are very good around here now...there used to be three rolex AD in this area and now there is only one.

I have not been in a rolex AD in 12 or 15 years and almost everyone I know who used to wear a rolex now wears a quartz watch or no watch at all.

may I ask the question, what are the most interesting Rolex parts, or which ones are really hard to get? Inserts, Dials, cases?

Mate,

The harder parts to come are the elements witch require a return of the old part : dials, bezels, cases, back-case, and in some case bracelets

The easier parts to find are all the tropics, crystals, crown, tube, insert, end links, spring-bars, and all the parts a Rolex trusted watchmaker can order without returning anything

All the parts that are not longer produced are hard to come, too. Ex: 700 / 702 crown, 7000 / 7020 tube

To make the things simple : all the parts for the 4 digits ref. are hard to find. All the 5 digits ref. pieces are easy to find, exception of the pieces who needs a return

The most valuable parts are certainly all the parts related to manual Daytona's and Vintage Subs. But it is very unlikely you will find someone who can source a piece which is not already on the "market".

And personally, I always have an interest for the Daytona stuff :)

Hope this helps,

Cheers !

Any part a dealer can get can also be found on ebay or in the for sale sections of gen sites. That said, after Rolex tightened the reigns on the re-sale of parts by those within their service network a couple of years ago, I would wait to make any offers here until you have a concrete offer there.

Either way, finding the most commonly requested parts (crystals, crowns, bracelets, handsets, dials, etc) at more reasonable prices than you normally see on ebay would be alot more useful than a list of hard-to-find parts.

All,

Hi joerg,

I really appreciate your effort to the forum! Maybe this will help you:

Bezel insert for 16613

Bezel insert for 1665

Bezel insert for 16622

Bezel insert for 16610 LV

Bracelet for 16622

Bracelet for 16520

Bracelet for 16610

Dial for 1665 (double red)

Dial for 16610LV

This are the parts that I need for projects, just add them to your list.

Regards, tmfj

Parts for the 4digit RLXs hard to get as freddy said. Dealer can only try to get them at watch exhibitions...we could do this by ourselfs, too...

He has the following parts in stock at the moment:

SS Bracelet 93150

SS Bracelet 78390

Endlinks 580

16613 insert in blue (3 pieces)

116619 blue ceramic insert (1 piece)

116619 blue dial (1 piece)

16613 insert in black

116509 Daytona Racing Dial (3 pieces)

Also ordered a 16520 bezel today, waiting for pricing and delivery time

Best, J

He has the following parts in stock at the moment:

SS Bracelet 93150

SS Bracelet 78390

Endlinks 580

16613 insert in blue (3 pieces)

116619 blue ceramic insert (1 piece)

116619 blue dial (1 piece)

16613 insert in black

116509 Daytona Racing Dial (3 pieces)

Also ordered a 16520 bezel today, waiting for pricing and delivery time

What is the cost of the 93150 SS bracelet?

How about a 116520 Daytona bezel (part 313-16520) & caseback (part 313-2100)?

Endlinks for a 1665 Seadweller (part 585)?

Those prices look like the standard retail prices when Rolex or an AD replaces parts during service. I think you can get similar prices on ebay or the gen sites. Still good to have another source, but the parts I listed, while common, very rarely appear for sale anywhere & would probably be of interest to alot of RWG members. So I would be interested if you can get any of the Daytona or Seadweller parts I listed through your source.