When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Look what arrived today... Teaser

danielv2000

Here is my latest acquisition. I'll start with a couple of teaser shots right now as I am in a rush.

Two watches are pictured in no particular order. One is my newest. The other is the one it is called to replace. Any comments on the crystals? Both are gen. One is a service. The other, not sure.

1665compare.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I need to open this baby up...

img03001m.jpg

Ahhhh!! It's my first 1570... Sweet...

img03041r.jpg

More to come!

Beauty!!

Both of your crystals appear to be standard T-39 crystals. I believe the service crystal is the same as the standard T-39. neither has the curved dimensions of the superdome T-39. I have (Had) a superdome on my DRSD, and I'm always banging it on something, well, a few weeks ago, it got it's final bang!! Cracked it right above the bezel between 2 and 4 O'clock. I'm probably going to replace it with a service T-39, just to get a little lower profile.

Beauty!!

Both of your crystals appear to be standard T-39 crystals. I believe the service crystal is the same as the standard T-39. neither has the curved dimensions of the superdome T-39. I have (Had) a superdome on my DRSD, and I'm always banging it on something, well, a few weeks ago, it got it's final bang!! Cracked it right above the bezel between 2 and 4 O'clock. I'm probably going to replace it with a service T-39, just to get a little lower profile.

That's what I thought. They look identical. I have a third and will post pics.

• 1 month later...

Nice stuff. BTW Clark's T39's are very good and very reasonable. If you want superdome for supermarket prices that is ;)

I agree, I ended up replacing the cracked genuine T-39 on my1665 with a Clarks Superdome. I have a genuine T-39 service crystal, but the Clarks was a better fit. I'm very happy with it. And as you said at a fraction of the cost.

I agree, I ended up replacing the cracked genuine T-39 on my1665 with a Clarks Superdome. I have a genuine T-39 service crystal, but the Clarks was a better fit. I'm very happy with it. And as you said at a fraction of the cost.

There was a thread some years ago with a very detailed comparison between gen T39, Clarks T39 and another aftermarket one (can't remember which) and the clarks came out very respectably compared to the gen. So much so that if I had a gen I wouldn't be too bothered about fitting a clarks plexi, I doubt the naked eye would ever tell the difference. I am only talking superdome here of course.