When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whats a good cheap tablet under $200

triplehd

Before i donate my left nut for a new iPad, i know there's a sh*tload of cheap android tablets. Reading some reviews, some are decent, but the most common CON i hear about the cheap tablets are that they tend to freeze and break down within a few months.

The main point of using the tablet is for my children to play games, watch videos, etc. I prefer a bigger tablet - 9" to 10" in size. Anyone can recommend a decent and reliable cheap tablet?

the iPad is in a league of its own. I don't think its fair to compare. if you really want an iPad, another tablet just wont cut it. and the new iPad is much better than the iPad2 and obviously first gen.

Having said this, the nexus 7 is pretty awesome. I just played with the fire HD and it too is pretty snazzy.

where are you getting content? that is a big factor in the decision too. and of course, is there a good app for accessing this forum ;)

Bought my daughter one of the cheaper 9 inch tablets last year (10'' Epad) was great for the first few weeks but then went to crap, needed to reload the software several times and then it started chewing battery power so had to be plugged in to use it etc etc around the same time I bought my other daughter a 7'' tablet from a well known brand, suffered the same [censored] within a few days.......... :fool:

Needless to say the eldest now has an Ipad2 and the youngest an Ipod :inverted: Get a 2nd hand Ipad instead its money well spent ! And I have the original Ipad still ;) Love it!

I'm sorry but not being able to run flash is an ADVANTAGE. ;) Anyway its not of much help suggesting him vapourware.

Why will this be an advantage and what is vapourware :g: and it will an advantage if you buy the app like if you want to use hulu.com you need to sign up for huluplus to be able to see video in the ipad.

I have a Blackberry playbook. They are currently £129 (about 200 Dollars US) in the UK for 64gb. It's a quality piece of kit at stupid money, can access wifi and bluetooth, I use mine everyday. I also have a Galaxy Tab2 10.1 which is much more expensive but not as well made and slower than the Blackberry.

they were blowing out Motorola Xoom 32gb tablets with the Verizon data chip (optional service) running on the latest version of Android for a little over $200 just last week

Toshiba Tegras come up with similar specs for $199 every now & then

+1 Plenty of cheap dual core tablets out there right now. I'm still using my Acer A500 and have found no need to upgrade. Does everything I need it to do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

+1 Plenty of cheap dual core tablets out there right now. I'm still using my Acer A500 and have found no need to upgrade. Does everything I need it to do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I saw some Acer's refurb 16gb and 32gb going for around $200-$225, as well as Asus 16gb around the same price. May venture out to get one of these. Also, from my research, found a new tablet from Visual Land called Prestige 10. Only one review which was positive, but may opt for the Acer/Asus.