When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Bird do you prefer?

triplehd

I know that they have repped the 9-6-3 layout but i have seen a version (not sure if its newer or a previous version) with a 6-9-12 layout.

Which versions to most members prefer?

6-9-12 layout w/ date at 3

$T2eC16V,!zQE9s3ssWGRBQN16l)lFw~~60_12.JPG

9-6-3 w/ big Date

$T2eC16Z,!zQE9s3stvEIBQWJQn0GgQ~~60_12.JPG

Love the blackbird bigdate, especially because it has a unique braclete only for the blackbird. The breitling logo has much move presence as well being centre top.

+1...spot on comments...totally agree...a very unique watch in all aspects - signature Breitling, if you ask me!

The 6-9-12 is the older version of the blackbird which for me just looks like a regular BCE with a special edition dial. It is nice but not really worthy of the Blacbird title. The newer big date version really stands out with the unique dial config, bracelet and bezel indicators. Very impresive looking watch and the winner of this showdown for me :)

Agree with all the comments. The 6-9-12 layout looks too similiar to other Breitling Chronos. I loved the rep of the 9-6-3 version. I never had an issue with the movement/date feature as I have seen others post. Looks like one day, when i have some funds, gotta get me a Blackbird.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer the look of the big date, but the 7750 requires heavy mods to run it. These watches have pretty lousy reliability track records-similar to the Daytona sec@6. Servicing this movement with these mods is also expensive. For these reasons, I would go with the 12-9-6 layout which is the standard 7750 application and makes that version about as reliable as an A7750 gets.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by set2374