When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watchden.net

ChristopherM

I think everyone knows he means watcheden not watchden. Why the hate on noobs? Talking about not feeling welcomed...

You do realise a lot of scam rep sites rely on expired domains and people misstyping URLs right? One single letter makes the difference between a TD and a scammer. You can't be too careful. Don't assume anything.

Ok before anyone starts getting their noses out of joint let me just say that rickdangerous answers have been perfectly correct.

The OP may have meant Watcheden but it's not what he typed, sure it might be a typo, but it could have just as easily ben a scam site.

Ken

I've used Watch Eden before. Personally I was not impressed with their customer service. I understand they don't manufacture the items and often can't update their site fast enough to account for availability. I wanted to order a few items there in one order. First I was told that one of my items was unavailable. Ok, fine I picked a different item. Then I hear back saying a different item from the order is not available. I couldn't really see what I would want to replace it with and I asked to cancel the order. Two days later I finally hear back.

I was told since I already paid I could "wait two to three weeks" for my money back or "pick different items and get a $20 credit". Fine I go through the process of finding SOMETHING else on their site I could possibly want within the price range. Ended up finding an item that I did actually like, which I am happy with. All in all it took about 6 days of back and forth between the order being placed and it going out. They are NOT a scam site by any means, but I wasn't particularly happy with the turnaround and customer support. The $20 credit was nice, but honestly I would have rather had more prompt support. Maybe I was just unlucky.

Edited by Rick James

Stick with the Trusted Dealers. If it ain't a TD then don't trust them.

BTW what's the deal with newbies constantly posting URLs as a thread title lately?

The only times I used a 'trusted dealer' (Silix) there were issues with each order. The Cartel Dealers seem to be going through a rough period in terms of reliability at the moment, so not exactly good advice... There are reliable sources outside of this forum's opinion of who is, and who is not 'trustworthy'...

Also, RE the above comment about Dealers who only accept WU payments:

If unreasonable douchebags keep posting PP disputes, WU will eventually be the only available payment method :whistling:

The only times I used a 'trusted dealer' (Silix) there were issues with each order. The Cartel Dealers seem to be going through a rough period in terms of reliability at the moment, so not exactly good advice...

Being a newbie myself and reading that comment from a longtime member with 10.000+ posts got me really confused now. If suggesting to stick to the TDs is not good advice then what are we left with when someone asks if it's ok to buy from realswissAAAreps.com. We can't just tell them to guess or to use the force.

I don't know if the second part of your reply was aimed at me but I made no comments regarding WU or PayPal. I actually agree with you 100%.

Edited by rickdangerous

Being a newbie myself and reading that comment from a longtime member with 10.000+ posts got me really confused now. If suggesting to stick to the TDs is not good advice then what are we left with when someone asks if it's ok to buy from realswissAAAreps.com. We can't just tell them to guess or to use the force.

I don't know if the second part of your reply was aimed at me but I made no comments regarding WU or PayPal. I actually agree with you 100%.

No, second part was not aimed at you, or even really anyone in particular, I was just pointing out that WU may well become the only option available if dealers keep getting PP disputes launched against them. Equally, I used WU to make my first rep purchase (which was from a site which many would consider a 'scam site') and I had no issue... :whistling::pardon:

At the end of the day, I think people need to do their research when it comes to dealer selection. While for the most part, the 'trusted dealers' are reasonably reliable, on a personal level, I find them untrustworthy and refuse to do business with them. In the last few months, there were bizarre and contradictory rumors about Factory Raids. Contradictory, in so much as people did not seem to be experiencing any delays, even though dealers were saying that there were delays... :bangin: I've never been desperate to pass a rep off as a gen, so I've always been happy with low-end stuff, and used a site called CQout, which uses a very strict feedback system, where three negative feedbacks will get a seller permabanned... I have seen this system in effect, and have total faith in it. I've seen 'trusted dealers' lie to customers, manipulate the truth, and behave in a generally untrustworthy manner, so I have no faith in them... :pardon: I think if someone comes to the forum asking about a particular site, then I don't think it hurts to give feedback on how the site appears, or if it may be worth a test purchase (unless it is obviously a scam site, or a cloned site, as you mentioned) but to simply say "stick to the TDs" isn't as good advice as it may seem :good::drinks:

• Like 1