When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PROBLEMS WITH THE ASIAN 2836-2

mymanmatt

Around 3 or 4 months ago, we started getting watches with asian 2836-2 movements. At first they seemed like a good cheaper alternative to the swiss 2836-2. All of a sudden, around four months later, we are starting to get returns for service or replacement. THIS IS NOT GOOD. I have several swiss eta 2836-2 in watches I built in 1995, IM NOT KIDDING, they have never been touched to this day. I realize the asian eta looks nearly the same as a swiss, at half the price, but early results indicate, 'YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR' SWISS 2836-2 IS CHEAP AT TWICE THE PRICE. Just a note on the asian 2836 rotor, it says TWENY FIVE JEWELS not TWENTY. LOL

Mine is correctly stamped and is running fine even the sound of the 28 beater is the same ,i think mabe all rep movements today are asian even the 2846 i mean its been a while now that eta stopped supplying eta,s with replica watches getting better and better do we really know for sure if its a swiss eta dont get me wrong these are good movements but swiss etas can be cloned exactly i believe. anyway a lot of people still think that if its made in china its no good the fact is a lot of trademark items are made there officially, in the end you do get what you paid for there are cheap watches that can fall apart and there are watches around 350-400usd that have a very high quality finish we had in the shop a gen plo-prof and my rep and build quality of the rep next to the gen looks and felt the same ok im sure hard core purists will find mistakes but they are two watches where price has a world of difference one around 370usd and the other well over 5000usd all reps have faults my sons 21j sub almost 8 years old worn everyday and still going strong!