When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC V3 Top Gun from toros

josecolon47

Hi "fellows in Mysery"

guess I have to join this thread in order to give You some information but please be aware I am not a native English speaker ;-)

Bought this watch twice. The first direct from Trusty and the second from a fellow member but he bought it also from the same dealer.

This was happened app. 1 year ago. Today the situation is as follows. Both watches are "out of order".

It started with a non working day wheel, now working day wheel. up to significant in accuracy and ends with an non working movement. Also on both cases, the tread in the Stem- tube is destroyed.

After the first damage of my TG It was shipped back to the dealer in order to repair the watch. I recieved it back after 8 weeks but after one week I had realized that the Watch stopped. I decided to open the case and realized that the rotor (consists of 2 parts) was broken on the weld seam.

Trusty recommend to send it back again but honestly, I am tired to deal with Asian guys also because of the big distance and the huge risk because of the customs here.

The noise of the rotor isn't a big issue for me(like this sound :-) ) and the quality of the case including glass (after removing the AR on the outer surface) seems to be ok in general.

At this time (after trying to repair the asia clone) I am looking for an eta 7750 movement in order to substitute this very very worst Asian clone. But I am concernd because the first stepp is to replace the tube with an working thread. If You have information about this ( maybe an tutorial) please give me an hint.

Currently I have investigated if the existing hands are matching with the original eta 7750.

You can read it here:

http://www.rwg.cc/to...le-chronograph/

Regards

post-40612-0-61749000-1351404453_thumb.j

post-40612-0-62494500-1351404469_thumb.j

Edited by 10pgb20

I would like to have it. But it seems that v3 with asian 7750 has its issues.

I have found a version with the ETA 7750 but a little bit pricely 898 dollars!

puretime.co/product/top-gun-chronograph-full-ceramic-v2-swiss-eta-7750/

Anyone who has bought it?

Is an ETA 7750 so expensive, 570 dollars more expensive than the asian?

after a week or so of daily use, i gotta say:

strap: got the hang of it, takes some time to mold into your hand

casing and crystal: tough, i have constant dings here and there and even normal contact with desks and stuff. many reps and even gens ive had can show quick signs of wear and scratches even in alleged sapphire crystals with ar coating.

movement: I'm not an expert but i have done my noobie test. 7:00am set my watch, same as digital iPhone hour. Afer work at night exactly at 8:00pm, check both and time is pretty much at 8:00pm also. So i guess its good time keeping, compared to cheap reps that loose 5-10 mins every 24 hrs.

Noise is still the same, but i have gotten used to it, sounds rough on the inside. As for date changing, it has also felt rough at times and sometimes it won't grab correctly as upward changes mon-sun and downward is numerical. In the end it aligns correctly which is my biggest concern.

I am working on the top gun logo this week, ill give u guys a follow up. As for servicing, it seems very pricey but it might make this rep a 5 star rep on my collection.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I owned this watch, never again. Day/date change problems, movement is an A7750 but I don't seem to have this issue with other A7750 watches.

Problematic to say the least. But maybe it was just my luck.

• 2 months later...

This watch is just about complete, I purchased it several months ago and decided to do a bit of a Franken to it, I have a GEN IWC titanium crown, little larger than the GEN /Rep, looks and fit great.

I also added a Swiss 7750 movement, Should have all the parts back in it and the hands back on, the test fit look really good and the new pusher fits firmly. Crazy how much you can drop into a watch getting it to look and feel good.

This watch is just about complete, I purchased it several months ago and decided to do a bit of a Franken to it, I have a GEN IWC titanium crown, little larger than the GEN /Rep, looks and fit great.

I also added a Swiss 7750 movement, Should have all the parts back in it and the hands back on, the test fit look really good and the new pusher fits firmly. Crazy how much you can drop into a watch getting it to look and feel good.

Did the hands have to be broached or crimped to fit on the Swiss movement?