When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hmm... should I?

By-Tor

I have always wanted to add a two-tone watch into my collection and I always considered this to be the one of the most beautiful.

I like the BTR/Discovery line but this early 2000's model has the perfect size for a TT watch at 41mm.

There's no rep so... :g:

http://tinyurl.com/cujrsur

Untitled-1.jpg

Maybe I'm breaking the rules or something... but I've been mostly looking at those 90's style vintage watches lately. I'm extremely bored of the new huge and thick 45mm watches anyway. Most of them look ridiculous, imho... especially when people with small, anorectic wrists wear them.

Two-tone chronograph with white dial is a great combo. And personally, I think 40-42mm is the perfect size.

Uggghhh

Thanks for your thoughtful post and contribution for this thread. Well done.

Others: What do you think about this Carrera?

http://www.yourtrust...750-p-7907.html

Pretty much the same style and size. The problem I have with this watch is that there's no real contrast between the gold subregisters and white dial. The dial is too "plain". The size is good for the dress attire. Does anyone own this replication so I could see better shots?

It'd look much nicer with black subdial surroundings though. That's why I like the Ebel TT more.

The ultimate early 90s watch for me would be a TAG-Heuer S/EL. It was the watch that young professionals HAD to have. Schumacher wore a two-tone back in his Benetton-Ford days, while Senna had the quirkier version on leather.

Those blobby "S" links are hard to beat in terms of bling, and I can't think of a watch that's more representative of that era.

It's probably because I turned 40. Bling is cool.

But those bezel diamonds Dave... that takes another 20 years. :D

Bling is cool. Wish i could go back in time with you on these forums and have you repeat that. LOL.

Regarding the bezel,i havent worn my bling SA in a long time,im getting to old for that bezel,im 37 now ya know. FG Bentley now. :)

Actually I had several "bling" reps in the old days too. 4 different TT Subs and a TT Navi.

3.jpg

tt_cuffs.jpg

I always liked "subtle" bling and if I had some extra, I'd probably get something like this:

35014as.jpg

s.42_ebel_1911_btr.jpg

OmegaBroadArrowMichaelSLE.jpg

Pretty much the same style and size. The problem I have with this watch is that there's no real contrast between the gold subregisters and white dial. The dial is too "plain". The size is good for the dress attire. Does anyone own this replication so I could see better shots?

It'd look much nicer with black subdial surroundings though. That's why I like the Ebel TT more.

Great looking watch By-Tor. I tried to buy one myself a couple of months ago, but alas they are out of production.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...