When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is This The Dumbest Thing You've Ever Heard? Or Not?....

Guest chronomat123

So do I sell the bracelet to buy another watch  

16 members have voted

1. 1. yes

• no
    • no but hold off and just save the money to make your dream fakey navitimer

Guest chronomat123

As many of you know I'm in school still and with a very tight budget. But I want to buy more reps. So I'm thinking of selling the Pilot bracelet from my genuine Breitling Headwind-- yes the bracelet alone is worth around $500-- to buy one of those 2tone Navitimers like By-Tor's (great review, BTW--now I want one, thanks a lot man) and mod the hell out of it-- get the crystal double ARd, genuine dial. Probably around $450 for the whole deal.

With the money leftover, I could get a nice leather strap forthe Headwind, and I already have a Breitling buckle.

The Headwind with bracelet is worth around $1600, with strap around $1200ish.

The thing is, I have to look at my Headwind, and I still love to wear it... and it looks nicer with bracelet.... so do I trade "half" a gen for a really good rep?

Decisions, decisions.... what would you do

edit: i just realized i screwed up the poll. oh well.

Never sell anything genuine for anything fake...!

I sold a GEN Panerai for FAKE breasts for my wife. :yeah: It was worth it!

As for the watch - I wouldn't sell the bracelet. Always keep a watch in as close to original condition as you can. And a good GEN is better than a REP any day. Just keep surfing and saving - and buy yourself a REP when you get a chance. In the meantime, enjoy your GEN.

As you put no option button for the "yes" choice (while you put it on both the "no" choices), this goes quite a way in saying what you are really heading to... :)

Every time I sold or traded one of my gens I regretted that shortly thereafter. The biggest mistake in my collector life was to trade a gen redletter 1680 (before all the hype) for another watch. One month after that deal, I vowed not to sell any of my gens anymore...

my advice...keep it!

Guest chronomat123

@ chubb

man, that sucks. would've been worth a helluva lot now.

reminds me of a similar situation i found myself in. back when I graduated high school, my parents gave me $500, a really nice gift... i then got $1000 out of my savings.... and bought a genuine Rolex 5513, late 60s, all original, on a nice nato strap: for $1500 on timezone!! ended up selling it my freshman year of undergrad on ebay for $1900. a nice profit, it seemed.

5513s are going for $3000 these days.

[censored]

I sold a GEN Panerai for FAKE breasts for my wife. :yeah: It was worth it!

As for the watch - I wouldn't sell the bracelet. Always keep a watch in as close to original condition as you can. And a good GEN is better than a REP any day. Just keep surfing and saving - and buy yourself a REP when you get a chance. In the meantime, enjoy your GEN.

it's only worth it for now. lol :lol: