When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bummer look what's gone wrong 7032

Sparkal

The hair spring is broken. That is a part you should be able to source. Remember, It has got to be the exact hairspring for that movement, oterwise you will never be able to regulate the watch. If you get the wrong one it will run to fast or to slow. For a smith, not a big job.

The hairspring sure looks wonky. It looks like it's bent. What is the watch doing? There must be some sort of hairsprinfg virus going around lately, my Doxa seems to have had a problem with the hairspring, not as serious as yours however.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the all the replys.

I have been using a new phone and still getting use to posting via it.

Symptoms are small running seconds will stop randomly, when I notice that it has stopped I can press the chrono run button and it will come back to life. then chrono stop and reset and it will run on fine like that for a day or so.

Then repeat the process again.

It keeps okay time in general though.

Apologies for the random post and messages, sleep has been hard to come across this weekend, I need to go back to work to recover!

I just serviced a 7750 that had the same exact problem it was super dirty and the oscalating pinnion was broken. In your case that what seems to be the problem. What the oscalating pinnion does is when you press the chrono start button it slides over to produce power to the chronos second hand. It runs constantly when not powering the chrono hand so It might be out of place or broken.

This movement does not have an oscillating pinion. Probably debree getting jammed between some gears somewhere (second transfer gear perhaps?). Your movement looks as dirty as the bottom of my shoe... Here's a 7734 I recently serviced and how it is supposed to look!

200017cb.jpg