When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Custom datewheel for (franken) AP ROO, are you interested? How many to produce?

edgematic1

*this is not a pre-order post, just a post to gain interest, to get to know your opinions and to get to know the quantity I need to get produced

Guys,

Since I'm working on a franken I really want to go the FRANKEN way, which means as much as possible as per gen. One of those things that are important to me are datewheels. Since the standard LWO movement does not come with a datewheel close to the gen I wanted to make a custom datewheel as per gen.

The LWO movement uses an ETA2892 movement as a base, the 2892 datewheel fits this movement.

I have found a manufacturer who is willing to make the datewheels, but since there are not many franken owners (at least not many that have posted their franken), I would like to gain interest to get to know how many pieces there need to be produced.

I was thinking about 20 - 25 pieces.

As for the question, "Will you do this for the A7750 movement as well?", I am considering this. I will await the result of these datewheels (since quantity is smaller) and if they came out great then I will think about doing it for the A7750's as well.

This is the final design before production, the font is thinner, but this is because of the fact that the printing will make it thicker. Post in this thread if you are interested in a datewheel.

Please only post if you are truly interested, I don't want to deal with member being interested but when time comes to pay they back out.

datewheel.png

totally awesome project Edge looking forward to seeing how your  DW looks compared to the gen judging by your pics very close .. im also  in for x20 DW for 7750 once you have finished your initial LWO successful run !!!

I thought about this project and came to the conclusion that we might underestimate the demand for this.

The AP Diver is one of the best selling reps at the moment and it is powered by a 2824. 2824 and 2892 share the same date wheels! So it might be very interesting to also make a black background / white font version for the Diver.

Ok guys, I originally ordered 35 pieces but I asked for 5 more and I'm awaiting his reply.

Currently the raw datewheels have arrived at the workshop. But the 1st problem has occured. The background colour is not standard available from the datewheel manufacturer himself, it's either black or white. However, I will try to get them painted or coloured before the date printing starts. If this is not possible then we will have to do it with a white datewheel.

I am sure that something can be worked out by a modder to get a white datewheeled coloured. Anyhow, I'll be updating by each step.

• 3 weeks later...