When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why you NEED a quartz watch!

Mike on a bike

So I am running out the door at 515am , OH sh*t  didn't set my watch up (wind set time before bed)! Open up the second box ( now we have the usuals in the first box all auto) grab a quartz slap it on out the door. Cause you never know and you are a watch guy.

I have three quartz watches left that have never let me down. As far as a grab and go....can't beat a quartz. Good Idea to check them from time to time. I was running late for a dentest appointment several months back. When I got to the dentst office I looked at the time and noticed the battery had died. My fault for not looking at the dam thing before I left the house. :bangin:

Mike

Just started wearing a quartz daily again for work :)  

Funny thing today I drove back from a job with my arm out the window and looked in the wing mirror to see what looked like a Daytona looking back at me :partytime:  I wish !

I have an Rolex Explorer with automatic ETA clone which I NEVER take off. Not when I work in the garden, go golfing, swimming etc. I fully overhauled it some time ago and I use it as my daily beater to see if I can break it by normal but heavy use.... Still running strong. Not need for a quartz ;)

Quarz is actualy needed if you need atomic clock accuracy! Not the cheap watches but better quartz movements achieve almost that.

Omega 300mhz (even though a 30 year old quartz looses a second in 3o years!

Other then that all my automatics and well tuned handwind watches are withn in a 5-10 sec a day !