When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TD made a mistake - Who should pay for it?

kramerica2

Let's assume that you buy a rep from a TD. You get the QC pics and you approve them, and then wait for your watch. When it arrives you find out that not only it's not the watch you approved, it has a major flaw that other reps doesn't have. Someone at the factory wasn't at his best and did something totally wrong. It makes a super rep that you payed quite a bit for into a warch that screams fake everytime you look at it.

What would you expect a good TD do at that situation? Who should pay for his mistake?

Let's assume that you buy a rep from a TD. You get the QC pics and you approve them, and then wait for your watch. When it arrives you find out that not only it's not the watch you approved, it has a major flaw that other reps doesn't have. Someone at the factory wasn't at his best and did something totally wrong. It makes a super rep that you payed quite a bit for into a warch that screams fake everytime you look at it.

What would you expect a good TD do at that situation? Who should pay for his mistake?

The TD of course.  But it makes you wonder about the whole QC thing though.....

Problem is, they claim no responsibility about shipping to me as well. Meaning if the watch is caught by customs either on the way to China or on its way back, its my problem and I'm going to lose the watch and my money.

Honest mistake or not, that is one dealer I'm never going to use again.

The seller is Angus from PT.

Yes that is a fair attitude, it wont change anything because there is simply too many buyers but if you do not like something about a particular seller then it is your right to vote with your feet and move to another.

Ken

My first experience with PT was far from perfect and like you I vowed nopt to go back, however, I tried him again as I really wanted a Noob version of a Panerai that only he could supply..

I can confirm that I have since purchased 6 watches with a combined bvalue of over $2000 and hav ehad impecable service. Each watch has arrived in the UK within a week and a half.

I believe Angus will sort it out if you reach out to him.

Astonjenks