When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

newtown shootings

whoever

And let me guess, the only thing stopping them is your guns? I guess I'll be thanking y'all when Obama sends his tanks on us.

My guns?  I'm British, we're not allowed to play with guns anymore...  And no, you won't be thanking me, you'll be enjoying the 'hospitality' of a FEMA camp...

"And let me guess, the only thing stopping them is your guns? I guess I'll be thanking y'all when Obama sends his tanks on us."

You know we had a fairly civilized debate around election time about Red & Blue states ,education levels blah blah. Now one fact that I remember posted by yours truly is most of our armed forces are from parts of the country where the 2nd amendment is favored, the city liberals can wring there hands and call for no more guns but it ain't happening. The Republicans will be frothing at the mouth & dancing in the streets as they get handed an election if this gets pushed to far by "O". All scenarios (pure fantasy) aside it is political suicide at this time the Dems know this, expect some lip service and they will try to get a few weak bills by the NRA lobby, that's it.

I'm going to move to George, nice rifle. In NJ you just get a no show job or cash to vote (for their guy of course)!

I am very tempted to lock this thread.

Has anyone looked at the pictures of the beautiful little kids that lost their lives?

How on earth can people justify all this concern about 'Their Rights' and 'Their Freedoms' in the face of this tragedy?

These sweet little kids were simply waiting for the day next week when they would be getting new Barbies, GI Joe's, Bikes etc and all you adults are worried about is that someone might take away your guns.

If you honestly find it so hard to focus on the lives lost then go find somewhere else to beat your drum, this is a watch forum.

Ken

This is why I walked away from this argument. There's nothing more polarizing than gun talk and politics. All day on the news talking about guns guns guns. The emphasis is not being put forth on the basic fact that this kid(he was a kid) had mental

Issues. Probably alienated by his dad and older(normal brother). Mental health in our nation is a major issue.

This gun control and banning conversation should be moved to a separate topic. The sad fact still remains, the children at the school that died were completely innocent and there was no security to prevent this. Forget a kid walking in with a gun, what about a kidnapping of several kids all at once? This is a serious issue. Today is not like yesterday. Period.

yep, gun control wouldn't make much of a difference. In Canada, some kid got an AK47 for $1500 off the black market easily.  Mental health wise, I wouldn't be that surprised, since there was a recent murder suicide by Jovan Belcher that was made the front news; this could be another case of copycat suicide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copycat_suicide#Social_proof_model

OK guys I am out of here, seems I am upsetting the management. Huge your kids tight tonight.

Peace

• Like 1

Mike, no worries. This is very very emotional stuff. Your last word says it all: peace. This is the season of Peace on Earth, Goodwill toward Men. Let's close this down with those words.