When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner Strap Options?

johnboy777

I'm looking to replace my metal bracelet with a strap, (just for comfort) and was wondering what the most popular straps options are for the Sub? Which colours look the best...probably black I imagine. I wear a suit 5 days a week...to be honest i'm colour blind. Also, I saw a stingray that looked nice on a Sub.

Thanks for the opinions. :)

I found these, which I really like:

151442-14677.jpg

Edited by johnboy777

I've always been partial to NATO straps, I find nothing more comfortable. The heavier Zulu straps are nice too and bombproof. They come in all sorts of colors, but black is a classic.

I always get mine from west coast time

Here's a NATO on my gen snowflake sub. I tend to wear the NATO straps more than a bracelet, but that's just me.

151465-14676.jpg

I've got a 'noobmariner' on the way and want to pick up a NATO strap, what size do I need to get? 18mm?, 20mm?

I've got one on the way also,,,green bezel. I'm pretty sure these are 20mm. I'll either keep the SS bracelet or do something totally different. I don't see enough subs with a little originality as far as straps go. I might even do a green croc.

A black sporty leather strap such as the racing style popular with Heuer watches may be an option. They look comfy and may try one out myself.

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...98258&rid=0

I also second, third......, the classic Bond blue or black Bond Nato bands. Pugs has mentioned these as some of the better ones available,

http://www.timefactors.com/nato.htm

I couldn't agree with you less morgan, I think the sub looks great with the NATO strap - the Bond connection makes it even cooler imho. Each to their own I suppose...

But do you think that if Bond had it on a blue elephant strap, that would be what is on everyone's wrist today?

But do you think that if Bond had it on a blue elephant strap, that would be what is on everyone's wrist today?
More than likely, yes! ;)

If Bond had worn a purple and yellow striped NATO strap with his Rolex I'd more than likely want one of those too...

I admit I'm a sheep when it comes down to following trends, I like the stripey NATO strap, I like it even more because of the Bond connection..