When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch suggestions for my wife

Nitrousbird

V day is coming next month and I figured I would get her another watch.

My wife likes to wear different watches so she can't just have one or two. She is also VERY cheap (a trait that is both good and bad in a wife)...she is more than happy to wear an $8 watch, even when I bust her chops for how crappy it looks. I have purchased her a Guess watch she wanted and a Bulava (quartz) that she really loves, but I want to get her something decent and different.

Requirements:

- Under $200 online.

- She hates yellow gold jewelry. She doesn't mind a little gold inside the face. Loves silver, black, and white

- She is pretty small with very small wrists, but she doesn't mind a decent size watch

- Automatic or wind-up only

- Skeleton or semi-skeleton watch. I have a couple and she really likes the look of them

- Metal band

About the only watch I've found so far that I liked was the Invicta 1127.  She really hates the chains on the Invicta Russian Divers, so that's out.

Edited by Nitrousbird

I started out buying Ms Nanuq a nice gold vintage piece.....

rolex_pair.jpg

Then I went with a newer stainless waterproof automatic to match my Doxa.......

certina2.jpg

And now she wears a grotesque unique Fossil chrono with pink mother-of-pearl and bling.

product2_59589_600x600.jpg

Haaaaaaa!! Here we are laboring under the false impression that we have any say over what our SWMBO wants to wear??! Haaaaa!!!!

Bling away! (covering my eyes)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
 Boomer how about 18k plated gold w sterling silver under hand  wind vintage Cartier Tank.

Mike - thanks for the suggestion - Checked with the wife on that, and wasnt a big fan...  that said, she now says that she would be into a man's watch, but prob not any bigger than 42mm...  the Kors watch she got was around the same size as a mens datejust...