When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I just pulled the trigger.... and it feels good

icoopernicus

Well, I just pulled the trigger on a piece that I have had my eye on for almost two years, The rush was like a drug, it's been so long since I have bought a nice gen and I have never purchased one on this level before. 

Anyone else go through wild emotions when purchasing a watch that they have been lusting after for years? This is almost rhetorical as I know I am not the only one that gets this excited. For the love of this passion that we all share, I think I might just be addicted ;)

It wouldn't be normal for a WIS to not get excited about purchasing a much sought after watch. The only problem, sometimes the waiting, searching, saving, selling other watches,etc. all add to the pent up excitement. Occasionally, the wait is so long, and the anticipation so intense, when you get the watch, it's very anticlimatic. this happened to me with my MKII Kingston. It was almost 2 years from the deposit date to delivery. All that time, the MKII forum was abuzz, everyone was frothing at the mouth, and when mine came, it was almost a let down. In fact,I didn't wear it nearly as much at first, but it sort of grew on me, and now it's firmly in the rotation.

The lucky watch is.....

Going to be revealed in pictures when she arrives at my door. I tried this watch on for the third time at an AD recently, after a couple of days I decided I just couldn't wait any longer. 

As far as being anticlimactic, sadly I have to agree as it almost always is this way, and they almost always do grow on me the longer I own the watch. 

Hint (sort of): This watch is beautifully elegant with a minimalist design. Sporty, while dressy and classic while still being contemporary and modern in design and style. 

If someone guesses the watch correctly, I will reveal the identity early. Good luck to anyone who feels like making a guess or two.  

Hint (sort of): This watch is beautifully elegant with a minimalist design. Sporty, while dressy and classic while still being contemporary and modern in design and style. 

Couldn't be any more vague if you tried  :partytime:  c'mon tell us  :inverted:

To be fair, you're right, I couldn't be more vague, I do believe that SGT would certainly appreciate this watch and as much as the divers and classic tool watches appeal to me, this goes back to my first love in the watch world - the Chronograph.

Precise and dedicated yet elegant, keep guessing ;)

Given the near $50K price tag I am affraid that it's not the diamond studded pink monstrosity that rrari linked to :p

Uther, you are very close, scary close (so on the right track that I fear I will be admitting my purchase in the near future), but its not a Jazzmaster, no no.

Some very good guesses, someone just about nailed it!

The watch is swiss but one might argue it's japanese roots ;) that was another hint guys!

All I can say is keep guessing, you're collectively getting very close and it should be here by the end of the week, you're running out of time to pry this out of me!

We have as a group become rather tolerant. Seems like a

couple of years ago the author of a post making a guessing game

out of it would be crucified. :cc_hang: or hung! Impressive.