When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panicking Newbie!

mog

Let me first say what a great forum this is. I am a total noob when it comes to reps and I have certainly got the bug, and this forum has helped enormously. Ordered my first rep (from Joshua), nearly two weeks ago, but the tracking has been showing that it left China and is en route to Canada for a week now.

EMS shows: Forwarded.

CanadaPost shows: International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada.

Reading other's posts on tracking I hope things will be fine, but I haven't seen anyone else with this same experience. Should I be worried? :unsure:

Woo hoo! Arrived yesterday and I picked it up today. Fantastic! I was worried but I needn't have been (thanks Joshua!) :yeah:

I expect you are wanting to know what it was. Well this was my first rep (and probably not my last!), but I took a slightly different tack to the noobmariner and went for the GMT Master II in black and very nice it is too. I like watches that have some additional features and because I work for company based in a different time zone this actually serves a very useful purpose.

Tried taking some pictures but we only have an old Canon digital camera that struggles in the macro setting. The ones I took don't do it justice. I'll try again when I can.

Yes! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Woo hoo! Arrived yesterday and I picked it up today. Fantastic! I was worried but I needn't have been (thanks Joshua!) :yeah:

I expect you are wanting to know what it was. Well this was my first rep (and probably not my last!), but I took a slightly different tack to the noobmariner and went for the GMT Master II in black and very nice it is too. I like watches that have some additional features and because I work for company based in a different time zone this actually serves a very useful purpose.

Tried taking some pictures but we only have an old Canon digital camera that struggles in the macro setting. The ones I took don't do it justice. I'll try again when I can.

Yes! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

See :) nothing to fear. Welcome to the end of your savings. :) lots of wonderful GMT's out there.

while your at it, canon has a bunch of model cameras that are amazing and fairly inexpensive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...CMP=OTC-Froogle

this is the one i use - :) thre isa new model that came out with nice, but not nessecary features this one is dirt cheap vs the value

enjoy!! :)

The black-bezel GMT11 was a good choice - apart from a Colamariner, its the only Rolex I'll wear.

Like you, I do business with overseas companies, so find GMT watches really useful. And, as Pho mentioned, there are some good GMT reps around.

My daily beater is an Omega Seamaster Professional 300m GMT. Very close to the original and about right for my pay-grade.

You might also want to look at the excellent Panerai 063 and 029, or if you prefer the Submersible case, the Arktos GMT and forthcoming North Pole.

For a dress GMT, you could do little better that the Vacheron Constantine Dual Time Regulateur in rose gold.

Can you feel your wallet draining... ? :lol:

Edited by Highflyingclive

The black-bezel GMT11 was a good choice - apart from a Colamariner, its the only Rolex I'll wear.

Like you, I do business with overseas companies, so find GMT watches really useful. And, as Pho mentioned, there are some good GMT reps around.

My daily beater is an Omega Seamaster Professional 300m GMT. Very close to the original and about right for my pay-grade.

You might also want to look at the excellent Panerai 063 and 029, or if you prefer the Submersible case, the Arktos GMT and forthcoming North Pole.

For a dress GMT, you could do little better that the Vacheron Constantine Dual Time Regulateur in rose gold.

Can you feel your wallet draining... ? :lol:

Thanks for the suggestions Clive. Amazing I know but I had never heard of Panerai until I started browsing and I am definitely hooked on the style. I had looked at the PAM063 or 088. So what's the "panels" opinion on the ETA 2836-2 in the PAM063? I note that Panerai 088 can come with a 7750 movement. Is this another bastardization and if so is it any better than the 2836-2? (perhaps this is a little off-topic now)

Oh no, Clive, did you really have to inoculate this guy with the PAM curse?

Thanks for the suggestions Clive. Amazing I know but I had never heard of Panerai until I started browsing and I am definitely hooked on the style. I had looked at the PAM063 or 088. So what's the "panels" opinion on the ETA 2836-2 in the PAM063? I note that Panerai 088 can come with a 7750 movement. Is this another bastardization and if so is it any better than the 2836-2? (perhaps this is a little off-topic now)

Here, he's done.

Welcome, PAM-damned fellow! :thumbsupsmileyanim: