When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Man I Hope This Guy Was Kidding !

2005SUBMARINER

Comedian MICHAEL RICHARDS, best known as Kramer from "Seinfeld," reportedly threw racially charged insults at audience members during his standup routine Friday night in Los Angeles.

According to reports, Richards was performing at famous comedy club the Laugh Factory when a disruptive group of people told him he wasn't funny. The actor allegedly veered from his routine and launched into an expletive-filled rant that contained racial slurs.

Richards, who was back on stage the very next evening, refused to speak about the incident on camera. CNN reported the actor told them off-camera that he felt sorry for what happened and had made amends.

man i hope this guys was kidding around ! i heard the sound bites on the radio this morning !

he realy said some offensive stuff that some groups might find offensive to there race :o

heres the video news link

krammer

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

I think it's a sign of his frustration with his career. It must be very tough to go from media darling and regular guest spots on Leno etc to basically being unemployable. The guy calling him out totally nailed it at the end and he new it, causing him to leave the stage.

As for what he said, sadly, I think many white people would go to the "N" word pretty quickly if they were angry at a black person. It seems to happen a lot. Richards' actual racism seems to be deeper though. It's sad to see this.

It will be interesting to hear his heartfelt apology a la Mel Gibson. It should be sometime today or tomorrow.

Saw the video this morning. What an idiot. There is NO exuse for that kinda [censored]. In my neck of the woods, he'd be 6' under right now.

Stoned? Drunk?

Some folks talk smack when they're drunk. In fact, lots of people can't handle their booze. But I do not think this is the case.

Stoned? Everytime I've sucked down bong hits, never have I unravelled in such a primitive idiotic manner.

In essence, there is no excuse. If Klink was here, he'd put this all into the right perspective.

Cheers

So f***n' what........get a thick skin......there's too much PC nowadays......and too many lame brained bozos that want to shout about it.....I could give a flying [censored] if somebody wants to call me a white honky.....or a tight Scotsman.....if that was all I had to get offended by......Id have strung myself up long ago...I'm more offended by the number of people who are starving and homeless........and I tell you what really pisses me off.......that some f*****g brain dead pig ignorant Russian mafia mof***er paid $2million dollars for a diamond encrusted phone..................that is really f*****g OFFENSIVE..................everybody knows the score......so get over it....!

So f***n' what........get a thick skin......there's too much PC nowadays......and too many lame brained bozos that want to shout about it.....I could give a flying [censored] if somebody wants to call me a white honky.....or a tight Scotsman.....if that was all I had to get offended by......Id have strung myself up long ago...I'm more offended by the number of people who are starving and homeless........and I tell you what really pisses me off.......that some f*****g brain dead pig ignorant Russian mafia mof***er paid $2million dollars for a diamond encrusted phone..................that is really f*****g OFFENSIVE..................everybody knows the score......so get over it....!

Dude, I'm 'whitey' here too, I couldn't care less either (well, it's obvious since I live in South America!!). It's different when it comes to blacks because of the (recent) history and the general sensitivity especially in ths US.

The "50 years ago we'd have a fork up your ass" is REALLY uncalled for and CANNOT be justified....It's the same as with jews. Remember when slay showed a scene from south park and people were (generally speaking) offended as well. South Park makes fun of everything (which is why I love them so much), but 'Kramer' chose to hit specifically on blacks in that scene. in a way to OFFEND them. The 'jew gold' thing was something which comes from one part of thousands and thousands of other jokes about skin colors, backgrounds, etc, but people didn't get that because they ONLY SAW THE JEW PART, not taking into context the tons of other references south park makes (even in that one episode).

If a guy calls you whitey, honkey, snow, or as Borat put it "Vanilla face", it's not to OFFEND you. This 'kramer' thing was put in a hateful context.

So ...we're not allowed to ofend anyone today......who cares....if you're black...and somebody calls you by the N word......tell him to [censored] off.....it's simple.....!

Muhammed Ali hit it on the head....."bees fly with bees...and birds fly with birds".......we're all so intent on developing these multi cultural societies and rushing headlong towards some sort of Utopia that we're losing sight of some things.....prejudices / bias / cultural differences have existed since the dawn of time.....it's ingrained into our DNA.....and you can;t really remove it......all it takes is a set of specific conditions to bring it welling up to the surface.....white people are no more racially biased against black people than the reverse.....Asians for example will rarely accept a family member marrying outside their culture / religion.....as will orthodox Jews.....Catholics......etc etc......it's all a crock of [censored]......and it's time we got rid of PC....Kramer was venting his spleen at what i guess were African Americans who were heckling him......50 years ago they may have been hangong upside down....but that was 50 years ago....now who's laughing all the way to the bank....!

I can't play the link but I did see an interview he had with David Letterman compliments of Seinfeld who was actually, by chance, on the Letterman show. He really had no idea what to say. It was pretty clear that he himself was shocked by how he lost it. Probably drugs or drinking did not help. But it is very similar to Mel Gibson incident. Whether sober or straight once spoken you can't take it back. Now you know what the person is thinking - whether consciously or sub-consciously.

By the way did Michael Richards really make a ton of money? I thought Seinfeld and Larry David made all the money through syndication rights.

So ...we're not allowed to ofend anyone today......who cares....if you're black...and somebody calls you by the N word......tell him to [censored] off.....it's simple.....!

Muhammed Ali hit it on the head....."bees fly with bees...and birds fly with birds".......we're all so intent on developing these multi cultural societies and rushing headlong towards some sort of Utopia that we're losing sight of some things.....prejudices / bias / cultural differences have existed since the dawn of time.....it's ingrained into our DNA.....and you can;t really remove it......all it takes is a set of specific conditions to bring it welling up to the surface.....white people are no more racially biased against black people than the reverse.....Asians for example will rarely accept a family member marrying outside their culture / religion.....as will orthodox Jews.....Catholics......etc etc......it's all a crock of [censored]......and it's time we got rid of PC....Kramer was venting his spleen at what i guess were African Americans who were heckling him......50 years ago they may have been hangong upside down....but that was 50 years ago....now who's laughing all the way to the bank....!

Where was you & your attitude when I got crucified for making that jew gold reference?

I watched this on youtube.. There was a 15 minute thing they removed, now there's a 3 minute clip left.

Richards just lost it, plain and simple.. I doubt very much that he's a flaming racist. He's not really a stand-up comedian, and I don't think he knew how to handle the situation where he was being heckled.

He lashed at the first thing he could think of that would insult the hecklers, so it was racist.

Racism is easy, poking fun in a satirical way is harder. It got out of hand and he couldn't pick it back up, so he probably freaked a little extra.

Did he say he was on drugs? Or drunk? I didn't catch that.. But drugs CAN be a personality changer, and a catalyst for outbursts like that.

No excuse though, I don't care as much about him insulting a "world of black people", most have heard worse.. I care more about him going off at the black people that were there.

And btw, he made $13mill in the last season of Seinfeld.

Probably less the previous 8 seasons. He also gets royalities from the DVD-sales..

(I heard the guy playing Newman got $75,000 for each little appearance he made) ;)

I can't play the link but I did see an interview he had with David Letterman compliments of Seinfeld who was actually, by chance, on the Letterman show. He really had no idea what to say.

It's here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quhhj3dX0qU

The rant is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T7uKvpzVXI

Very interesting post, I especially enjoyed the M Ali quote, haven't heard that one before.