When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wildwest on the sales thread,your thoughts?

Mike on a bike

I'm quite new here, but no stranger, I used to be a member of the old boards, and had the same username I think, I lived in the UK back then, but over the years, I have now got married, and live in Finland.

I even posted some photos of my collection many moons ago, some 30 or so watches I had, but sold up due to working away most of the time, and now settled again, Im slowly getting back into what I love, and thats watches.  I only currently have an LV Sub, which needs some tlc, movement is swiss, and has been running perfect for a few years.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble.

Micky

I was a paying member. I even Donated when the site had some troubles a couple of months ago.

I would like to be a paying member again but I have only 1 VISA card and every time Payza tries to withdraw funds for it it gets declined.

Ive sold a watch on this forum, bought a watch from a well known member and am even having one serviced by anther well known member.

So far nobody has left me any feedback yet.

The only issue I see with post counts is that it might be easy to rack up a lot of posts, just replying to the intro forms and the general discussion forms with one or two word replies.

Does that really make someone trustworthy?

What about a member like myself? Ive conducted a couple of transactions here, I want to upgrade, but can't and I'm the type of person who will only chime in on a conversation if I feel I have something to add.

Given the scenario that's being proposed I wouldn't be able to post in the sales forum for a while.

Just a observation really.

What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

I was a paying member. I even Donated when the site had some troubles a couple of months ago.

I would like to be a paying member again but I have only 1 VISA card and every time Payza tries to withdraw funds for it it gets declined.

Ive sold a watch on this forum, bought a watch from a well known member and am even having one serviced by anther well known member.

So far nobody has left me any feedback yet.

The only issue I see with post counts is that it might be easy to rack up a lot of posts, just replying to the intro forms and the general discussion forms with one or two word replies.

Does that really make someone trustworthy?

What about a member like myself? Ive conducted a couple of transactions here, I want to upgrade, but can't and I'm the type of person who will only chime in on a conversation if I feel I have something to add.

Given the scenario that's being proposed I wouldn't be able to post in the sales forum for a while.

Just a observation really.

What are your thoughts?

That's the problem with "post counts". On another rep forum years back, you had to have X number of posts to sell, so what did people do, they posted "nice watch,GLWS", or a smiley face emoticon. When you don't make a contribution by posting something with a degree of substance, it's relly easy to get 50 posts. You could probably do it in a few hours if you really tried. hopefully, by imposing posting thresholds, It would encourage the serious members to post something worthwhile. another thing, If I were buying from from someone and iwent to his profile, and saw 40 emoticons, 25 GLWS's and 35-40 "Nice watch" my alarm bells would be going off full tilt!!

I beleieve that posting feedback is a great idea, it's too bad it's not used as much as it should, but sometimes I forget, or get distracted, and the post doesn't get made, but i will guarantee you, if you ask a member for references from past sales,and he lists me, I will PM or email you and let you know how the deal went. i really don't know why more people don't ask for references before they buy. As  i said before, If you never sold here, but have on TZ, WUS, Watchnet, or any other legit watch site, that reference is as good as one from here.

Okay so this is where I step in and sort it all out with the perfect solution...

In all future sales I believe the only sure way you buyers and sellers get scammmed ..sorry I mean dont get scammed is to send all watches and payments to me...I will take it upon myslf to spend all your money..I mean hold all your money until the watches arrive which I will then wear, strip for parts, give to friends...sorry I meant assess.... and will then pass them onto the buyers using a crappy postal system and bogus tracking numbers...sorry I meant ensure safe and trackable shipping

That way I am very happy and surrounded by hookers and alcohol...sorry I meant everyone will be happy and there is no way anyone will ever get scammed !!

I Thank you !! :)

• Like 1

Okay so this is where I step in and sort it all out with the perfect solution...

In all future sales I believe the only sure way you buyers and sellers get scammmed ..sorry I mean dont get scammed is to send all watches and payments to me...I will take it upon myslf to spend all your money..I mean hold all your money until the watches arrive which I will then wear, strip for parts, give to friends...sorry I meant assess.... and will then pass them onto the buyers using a crappy postal system and bogus tracking numbers...sorry I meant ensure safe and trackable shipping

That way I am very happy and surrounded by hookers and alcohol...sorry I meant everyone will be happy and there is no way anyone will ever get scammed !!

Viddy well, little brother. Viddy well ;)

I'll send you the hookers and alcohol directly for what you posted, PeteM :D

I joined a car forum a while back that you weren't even allowed to make a single post, or PM anyone other than an admin or moderator until you were there for one week.  That way, it roots out the scammers making sure you are there to actually read some of the posts and that you are truly interested in being a member there.  IF you didn't login during that week probation more than a couple of times, your membership would be revoked.  

There are some excellent suggestions going on here!  Keep 'em coming!

• Like 1

Now Pete is a man with a plan!

But seriously great guys we are getting a host of good ideas pro,cons exactly why I started this thread,thank you.

PS Monga ask for feedback "as all went well with our deal please leave me feedback as I would like to be a trusted member of the group as I will for you" usually works.

Now Pete is a man with a plan!

But seriously great guys we are getting a host of good ideas pro,cons exactly why I started this thread,thank you.

PS Monga ask for feedback "as all went well with our deal please leave me feedback as I would like to be a trusted member of the group as I will for you" usually works.

I usually don't ask, but I probably should. Thanks for the suggestion.

BTW where in Jersey are you? (north, central, south)

No reason not to ask that a buyer leave feedback.  I buy stuff on genuine forums all the time, and the sellers are always asking that  I leave feedback. On the Vintage Rolex Forum, there are some members who won't sell  to you under any circumstances if you don't have feedback or someone can vouch for you. i can understand why, when you are selling a watch to someone for big sums of money, losing your watch and money would be pretty devastating.