When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I want to buy a watch for the better half

kasigi

I want to buy a watch for Mrs. kasigi, but I have no idea what might be suitable......

She doesn't want a huge face, and neither must it be very thick, but it needs to be plain and simple in design. No chrono for her, just a watch which tells the time.

But she likes big chunky leather straps (fnarr fnarr).

Any suggestions?

go look at the ladies datejust i did for my misses its nice and not loud, the ladies ym is also nice piece but shiney, and the cartier tank is small and u can fit it with a slightly thicker strap but most come on a nice bracelet and it is quartz less trouble if u ask me lol , if she is like melissa she will need a plastic cover around it lol she is hard on here watches, i treat my like a delicate flower lol

I like Josh's smooth bezel datejust. It's not 100% accurate, but it's a very pretty watch with Swiss movement.

12665-4172.jpg

I'm picking this up for Mrs. Ethan :D

Joe's pick is nice as well, but the Mrs. isn't a fan of the President-style linkset...

I have the solution! Buy her a Cartier Santos Dumont - that way, if she decides she doesn't like it, YOU can still wear it. (Its not too big and not too small)

I like that thinking! Bought a Yachtmaster mid-size for my wife, she didn't like it...so I wear it on occassion. She still wears her blue-dial skagen (no idea what model it is or anything, it's just a small watch with date, quartz movement, and blue dial).

Oh, I got her a Cartier something-or-other, she didn't like it, and now no one wears it. This particular model's not exactly something a man could wear. Least I don't think so...but knowing guys these days...lol!

Edited by Josetann

She doesn't want a huge face, and neither must it be very thick, but it needs to be plain and simple in design. No chrono for her, just a watch which tells the time.

Franck Muller Crazy Hours. It's what Mrs. Pugwash is hankering over.

Franck Muller Crazy Hours. It's what Mrs. Pugwash is hankering over.

I thought about FM's Crazy Hours until I saw how many colors it came in. My wife would insist on having all of the different colors to match her outfit of the day. LOL!

BTW, Mrs Pugwash has excellent taste. Beautiful watch.

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally made a decision on this.

21383-2147.jpg

I've ordered that Cartier Pasha from Narikaa. It's her birthday on Thursday so hopefully it'll be here in time and I reckon she'll like that. I don't know how good a replica it is, but I think it looks nice anyway, no matter how close to gen it is.

K.

I've finally made a decision on this.

21400-2145.jpg

I've ordered that Cartier Pasha from Narikaa. It's Mrs. Feek's birthday on Thursday so hopefully it'll be here in time and I reckon she'll like that. I don't know how good a replica it is, but I think it looks nice anyway, no matter how close to gen it is.

K.

Youll have it before 13.00hours Tuesday - In a nice laquered wood box too!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim: