When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why do you guys accept it?

buffedupboy

I guess DH have faster fingers that I do.

Wasssssup Pete? Long time no hear......or your just ignoring me?

Hi trouble :)

Ignore...no no my friend :)

Guys,

We all know that a lot of what DW was offering wasn't up to scratch but the case set and dial i despatched were fine. The crown was attatched to the tube. I was very clear about what i would consider doing in terms of upgrades to Gen tube and crown etc if this guy wanted to improve upon the watch he was building. 

I'm really not interested in getting into a big slanging match on here so I tell you what I'm going to do, if the guy wants his $200.00 back then no big deal my end. Have the case set and dial on me

DH

• Like 3

Pete at this time inferring as not stated. Still need that sales thread no? I am inclined to give DH the benefit of the doubt as a long time member of impeccable feedback. That being said a case can be made that if we/I rally around our own known guys in these sits without due diligence it sets a bad precedent for the new comers dealing with them/us.

More than generous DH you and I posted at same time almost, well done! :notworthy:

I believe that now that the name of the seller is out, the buyer should post a link to the sales thread.Would be nice to see how the parts were described. having said that denimhead has said that he will refund the guys money AND let him have the case, so if that's the case, then this one should be "case closed"

I bought one of the case sets + a dial from the same sales thread of Denimhead.

Case is the same as I expected. Same as any DW case set for A7750. 

The dial was the usual 6239 silver dial with 2 small scratches on one subdial. This wasn't described in the sales, but Denimhead could

have easily missed it, since I only noticed it on a much much closer look.

Never bothered to contact him though, since the price was more than fair and I had plans with the subdial already.

I've bought from Denimhead again a few weeks later - item as described.

I don't know him as a guy who would intentionally hide something from a buyer.

my 2 cents ;)

Buff to answer your question we accept this because we are trying to make 10-20 grand watches out of stuff that is hard to find. So if you buy bunch of stuff cheap (you did) you may get lucky or not, figure half will work 75% if you are lucky. It is a painstaking, time consuming and costly venture to pull one of these off right, if you look on sales thread you can see some outstanding results. Now figure ten were tried by the overall group to get one banger out. Welcome to the Rep world.

Like I said from the start, and seem to have to re-iterate here, I can accept some of the flaws as being over-sights, or 'poor' workmanship. BUT:

1) Hands that do not fit the movement it was advertised to fit, does not mean it's poorly made.... it's the wrong set of hands

2) Dials that have ink running through centre of the area and subdials that are scratched is not poorly made.... it's damaged. And I am not implying that it was sold intentionally as such, but it can't be excused as 'well, it's cheap what do you expect'

3) Crown that does not fit an A7750 movement at all is again not as advertised. IF it was sold as a case, without a crown, or Case with a crown that does not fit an A7750, then that's a different issue.

I felt that DH had stuff left over from the DW deal, and wanted to get rid of them to re-coup some capital. I emphatise with DH, but selling an item at a lost or at cost, is no reason to be dishonest and reject responsibility. If I didn't name DH in this thread, I do not know what the outcome would have been. as at that time communication via PM had already broken down. If these were sold as a parts bin/ leftover/ partically perfect, I may have not proceeded with the sale. But I can't say this with certainty. I can only say that after buying and finding out that there were parts that did not fit and in my view some were damaged, contacting the seller and getting a "welcome to the world of watch reps" as a reply wasn't exactly the answer I was after.

Through this whole ordeal, I had NEVER asked for a refund, I would have gladly settled for an apology for an oversight, then sending me replacement parts that I ordered originally.

Well, PM me if you like. Explain were you want to go with the Daytona case.

I might have a spare tube and crown for the DW case. Otherwise get a aftermarket tube and a gen crown.

I can also check for a handset in my parts drawer, since I don't believe denimhead has any spare ones left.

Thanks Akira, I greatly appriciate your imput on this. By the way you should have mentioned the issue with the dial, happy to help you out in anyway on that.

Don't sweat it. As I said it wasn't a problem for me ;)

Buff I understand your position and what the outcome would have been we will never know. I will venture restitution has been made in a satisfactory fashion ,no?

Hi Mike,

I frankly don't know, getting my money back wasn't my intention at all. Sure I understand that we are all trying to build our fantasy watches for a fraction of the cost, and that was what I was planning. So I had not planned for parts that I had ordered to not be what I had paid for. Up till now my focus was to complete the watch, not get money back.

As you have said, we are searching for really rare parts, so all my energy has been on finding these parts. I had not bargained on receiving parts that did not fit the description when I purchased them, which was the intention of my post. Your previous post sums up what I had thought, which was that all of us get so fixated with the end result that we gladly just accept parts that are not up to mark, and dismiss it as a gamble so we can move on to the next part and so on. This is something I need to understand further, because it's a really baffling mindset for me.

I think it is time for a reality check here. Having built a number of DW-based Daytonas, I can tell you that nearly all the parts arrived with flaws, some serious (pushers too small to fit holes in case, hands that do not fit, scratches, blotched paint, etc), some not-so-serious. But I have had similar experiences from all aftermarket parts sellers. To add to the confusion, DW has had a number of 'agents' over the past few years & all of these arrangements ultimately went down in flames due to shipping &/or QC issues. Aside from the fact that a simple search of previous DW builds from any of the dozens of senior members would have revealed that all of these aftermarket part vendors (not just DW) are riddled with QC issues.

It is common knowledge amongst the regulars or anyone who took the time to read the pinned rwg rules & Toad's newbie guide in the Introduction forum (you newbies are reading these before embarking on construction projects, aren't you?) that there is a (huge) difference between the components that make up a $40k vintage Rolex vs the franken constructed out of $1k-$2k worth of (highly over-priced) parts from Asian aftermarket factories. Certainly, this does not excuse bait-&-switch schemes or even simple oversight, but it is clear that you cannot expect Rolex quality from an Asian forger. If you do, you are in for a serious letdown.

In this case, I think denimhead did the right thing &, hopefully, everyone involved learned a valuable lesson.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Hi...

I done deals with denimhead in the past!!! This guy would never ever scam or fool you in any deal!!! He is a man of his words when it comes to deals and he is cery very help full no matter what it is, if he can help you HE will!!! I owe him some money from a deal that we made, im late making payment due a few things :( this guy knows he will get his money from me and he dosent bombard we with emails or pm!!!

I feel sick when i see some one throwing [censored] at my friend house!!!

+1 fred!!!