When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New Rolex Submariner (Pics)

TimeToPretend

Lol screw that! This was my birthday gift for myself. I bought it with my own money so I'll be damned if a slightly offsetted dial will tarnish my money worth. Fyi I'm not a walking bank. I'm not getting another watch and IMO I doubt any of the 16 year olds at my high school can tell the difference. A nice watch is a nice watch god damn it!

Lol it seems to me that you guys have been spoiled by fancy shmancy $300 reps. Take a step back and look at the bigger picture here .I got this watch for $37.50 taxes in and shipping included. Do those subtle details really matter? The second hand sweeps, the watch keeps great time, and the chronometer works like a charm. Not to mention there's a seal of authenticity on the back of the watch. Now I guess what Im trying to get to is do you guys think I'll get called out wearing this watch? I only plan on wearing this bad boy for a couple years. Will anybody under the age of twenty even bother calling me out on my watch?

Edited by TimeToPretend

TTP,

To answer your questions:

No I don't think anyone under the age of 20, or anyone not into watches, would be able to, or bother calling you out.

When you post the watch here in RWG, you're of course going to get comments about the details, that's what this forum is about mate.

It's a nice watch on it's own, inaccuracies no withstanding, wear it well. It's the man, not your watch. Carry yourself well when wearing it and it'll be like a gen on your wrist. Put a gen rolex on a 12 yr old and it would look as out of place as a chicken in an aquarium.

Welcome to the world of reps and you'll eventually end up where the guys are. :)

LK

This is the big leagues TTP some ADs (authorized dealers) can not pick out a piece here after they are modded. Not to worry no one at your school will know any better.

Now go chase some girls or play a video game, as you did not notice any flaws then you are happy. You are beating a dead horse, enjoy and move on with life.

• Like 1

Just to share, in my earlier days, Mike, I wore an ROO sec@9 and the the folks at the event I wore it too thought it was a gen. 

The sec@9 was a dead giveaway, yet nobody seemed to notice, or was too polite to comment on it. I sincerely believe it was the former.

Nobody is going to scrutinize your watch, and the only people to ask you to remove it are magicians, conmen, and replica watch enthusiasts.

You can usually identify the last category from the unformed smirk and glint of suspect in their eyes. Just avoid them if you are wearing something that would be called out upon closer inspection. Or better still, go on the offense and ask about THEIR watch and see them squirm and tell you about their recent trip to MBK Bangkok.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...