When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why you need to have a rep serviced (a pictorial)

HartDoc

Here is a reason why you need to service any reps you will consider a keeper. Rolexman did the service and the pics. You never know whats under the hood.

Before - its maybe a little out of COSC specs and the chrono didnt work !!
gajubapy.jpg
enyqubuh.jpg
uva7usej.jpg
gupe4y7u.jpg
e6e4etur.jpg

After a Rolexman servicing - A rep 7750 with COSC specs ??  And I can use the chrono as I much as I want !!!
dybujamy.jpg
yty2eqav.jpg

Thanks for the kind word. It is amazing how accurate and sturdy these A7750s can be after service.

This particular one is an old 21.600 low beat A7750. They used it to resemble the original V72 movement so they did think it over. But let me tell you: these old A7750s are a nightmare to service. Bridges not falling into place. Poor fitting parts and finishing etc. Fortunately they are almost extinct now because if all our reps would carry this movement I would never service a rep again or charge double for all the blood, sweat and tears involved ;)

How difficult is it to service a 2836-2? What are good movements to start with for practice? Are there good guides on Internet? I want to learn this.. Without doing an expensive education.

I know this is hard but I've managed to repair my keyless works of my eta 2836-2 without problems.

This got me very interested in trying to take apart an entire movement. I want to start on a a2836-2 but I would like to do it the good way with a guide. Is that possible?

GMT, 2836-2 is fairly simple, I damaged mine putting it back together but other than being a clutz you should be able to work your way through it. If it's your first overhaul or service I might recommend something bigger and more simple, manual wind pocket watch, or PAM movement (large and simple)

• 7 months later...

Here is a reason why you need to service any reps you will consider a keeper. Rolexman did the service and the pics. You never know whats under the hood.

Before - its maybe a little out of COSC specs and the chrono didnt work !!

gajubapy.jpg

enyqubuh.jpg

uva7usej.jpg

gupe4y7u.jpg

e6e4etur.jpg

After a Rolexman servicing - A rep 7750 with COSC specs ??  And I can use the chrono as I much as I want !!!

dybujamy.jpg

yty2eqav.jpg

hi

I am a newb and i dont understand what this machine tell sbout the watch, can you please help me understand and also where should I get my rep watch serviced from?

regards

hi

I am a newb and i dont understand what this machine tell sbout the watch, can you please help me understand and also where should I get my rep watch serviced from?

regards

Hi and thanks for stopping by, that machine is a timegrapher, in simple terms it can give you a glimpse at how well your watch is keeping time. On this machine first number from the left tells how close the rate is to being perfect. This correlates to the line you see, the more flat it is the better, up means gaining time down means loosing time. Other numbers on the display are important but more about those can be found here:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/143934-how-to-read-timegrapher-results/

These are static observations, meaning at that particular time, temp, gravitational force etc... These and other factors can and will effect the mechanical movement's performance.