When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Date 1500

callejeros

Hi!!!! 

I finally managed to source an original rolex 1500 case, strap, crown & tube, blue dial, and donant Belair watch with an eta 2824, movement ring... BUT......

I´m having problems with the datewheel overaly. I ordered a couple of them, about a month ago, form cubic-works but they haven´t arrived and I can´t contact them. 

When I try to reach them at their paypal address it looks like its not a valid address and when I use their web page I constantly get errors.

Has anybody dealt with them recently? 

Are there any alternatives to get datewheel overlays?

Thanks!

Edited by callejeros

Can't help you with Cubic Works, but what about a BK or TC DWO? They will work even though they aren't like an original Rolex DW with the open6/9s and flat top 3s. Now days if Rolex were to service a 1500 and put in a new DW, it would look just like a BK or TC DWO. I've got a gen 1500 with the newer DW- it's on the left in this pic. The 1550 gold shell on the right has the old style DW open 6/9s and flat top 3s

P1000186.jpg

I have two overlays from cubic works I bought about 1.5 to 2 years ago.  Took for-e-ver to arrive.  But unfortunately I couldn't use either of them as the printing is offset.  There's a thread about this in this forum a few months back.

I agree with what alligoat said.

sorry my english is not perfect and I can´t get the meaning of " the printing is offset"

Cubicworks is to be avoided in my experience.  struggled for months with them. ordered two dwo white with open 6 and 9 first got silver one, then replacement again silver, then again wrong one with closed 6 and 9 and finally i gave up. ended up using the white one with modern style printing at the end.