When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Teaser- more photos added! The Rose returns

panerai153

Several months back, I bought a pretty nice Tudor 7924 case from another forum member. He wasn't absolutely sure, but he was pretty sure it was a phong case. I started getting a few parts together, and finally a couple of weeks ago, I sent them over to my friend in Texas for a  merging of parts aka "build"

He isn't quite through with hte watch, but he has sent me a few photos and I'll give you a little taste of what's to come.

First off here is a photo of the parts assembled. I sent him a couple of inserts and a bag of crystals, didn't have a clue as to what would fit.

Inserts

post-327-0-95568300-1361073520_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-32831800-1361073534_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-07013100-1361073537_thumb.jpg

Here is the parts list

Dial- Don't have a clue, it came with the watch

Case- Probably a phong

Movement- Swiss ETA 2783 removed from the donor watch in the photo

Insert- One of the MBW 1680 inserts I had around, dropped it in bleach for 5 minutes and that's what it looks like

Pearl-genuine tritium

hands- Classic Watch Parts gilt aged by Matt

crown- Brevet crown from NDT

He is aging the hands and when that's done, it's just a matter of putting them on, and caseing the movement and sealing the watch up. I believe that it's going to be OK. When I get it home, I'll take more photos and bring the thread up to date. I'm looking forward to the watch.

• Like 1

I'll post more pics when I get more from him, or get the watch back. thanks for the comments. 

I like the genuine tritium also. We had a problem, at least i did. I forgot the pearl when i sent all the other stuff to him, so I stuck one in a small plastic bag, stuffed it in a regular envelope and mailed it. Envelope got to him, no pearl, no small bag, but a big rip in the envelope. Best we figured, the envelope got ripped open when it went through the automatic sorting machine, at some point the plastic bag dropped out and there went 100.00 USD !!! You can believe that when I sent him the second one, I sent it inside a padded envelope inside another padded envelope.three days later, it was on his bench.

Well guys i got the package from Matt this afternoon, couldn't wait to get home to open it up. So here we go. I'm pretty darn happy with the way this one turned out. Matt did a super job of getting everything together.

Here are some photos taken tonight . I tookl the wristie photo and one other with the bond strap, but i decided to change it over to an old stretched 9315 witha Tudor clasp. i believe that the whole thing is genuine, at least the clasp is!!

Here are the pichers, hope you like em!!

post-327-0-18360600-1361594156_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-07113500-1361593986_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-22985600-1361594004_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-64190700-1361594019_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-91707900-1361594041_thumb.jpg

Freddy, I agree.He sent me a photo of the hands and to me they were perfect, unfortunately, I was outside for a few hours and I didn't see the photos, by the time i saw them, he had domne then a little more, and were probably a tad overdone. It's now on a 9315 witha Tudor Clasp, 380 end links, so the bracelet part is OK.Not sure Rolex was using a Tudor clasp back then, but I don't have a good 9315 Rolex clasp to use. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.It's hard to tell from photos, but the hands don't appear as dark in the flesh. maybe this weekend can get a few shots outside in the sunlight ( If it ever comes back out here!!) I'm pretty sure the folded link is genuine, I have never seen a rep bracelet with this much stretch!!!

Holy Schmolies!! :notworthy:

One small, tiny, minuscule, Lilliputian, bitsy, diminutive, infinitesimal, insignificant change I'd make, if the gods had smiled upon me (which they did not) and it was mine (which it is not):

I'd find a slate grey insert and ditch the blue one... that would be the capper for the whole aged-and-loved look.

Holy Schmolies!! :notworthy:

One small, tiny, minuscule, Lilliputian, bitsy, diminutive, infinitesimal, insignificant change I'd make, if the gods had smiled upon me (which they did not) and it was mine (which it is not):

I'd find a slate grey insert and ditch the blue one... that would be the capper for the whole aged-and-loved look.

Actually in real life, it looks a lot greyer. I thought the same thing when i looked at the photos, "How did the insert get so blue"? I'll try to get a few more photos later this weekend. I actually have another insert, it's black, it's the other one that was in the aging thread, it got soaked in pure bleach for more than 40 minutes, just the slightest bit of aging. Matt wanted to put it on the watch,but It looked too "new" to me.

If this one doesn't work out, i'll start looiking for a more grey version.