When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 7mm Cyclops : ** Completed **

HauteHippie

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please count me in for 2. One AR and one non-AR if available. This will be use on a 063. BTW first post.

Thanks

Non-AR only. I'm not having any coated. The best time and place for this is after having installed it so that the entire crystal with the cyclops can be coated together. On PAM models that didn't have AR on the crystal, the cyclops shouldn't have AR either.

• 2 weeks later...

Not too late for anyone!!! A minor delay came from the manufacturer late last week when they decided I needed to tweak the specs. I have done so, and resubmitted so things are back on track... Hopefully we will see these this month, but if not, probably early February.

As far as installation goes, I highly recommend an experienced watchsmith.

Man, somehow I lost track of this thread for several weeks. It's good to see that the project is moving forward nicely.

Hypothetically speaking, if a friend had an appointment with a certain Canadian watchmaster in early to mid-February, let's call him Twiggy, do you think I-- er-- my friend, might have the cyclops in time?

Man, somehow I lost track of this thread for several weeks. It's good to see that the project is moving forward nicely.

Hypothetically speaking, if a friend had an appointment with a certain Canadian watchmaster in early to mid-February, let's call him Twiggy, do you think I-- er-- my friend, might have the cyclops in time?

Well, I can certainly ship directly to Rob for you. There was a slight delay about a week ago when I had to slightly modify the specs based on the lens shop's feedback. But after I resubmitted the updated specs they told me that they would expedite the job.

We'll just see. They should arrive in line with your timeframe. Of course, if there is any manufacturing mistake or other issues with the cyclopes when they arrive, then all bets are off. Cross your fingers and just hope for the best!

Please put me down for three.

thanks!

Updates:

1/5/2006: I was contacted by the manufacturer this week and had to make a few tweaks to the specs.... I've provided the updates in boldface below.

Final specs:

Diameter: 6.9mm 6.8mm (visually identical to 7mm)

Total Thickness: ~1.19mm 1.22mm (should (still) work on 95%+ of watches)

Magnification: 1.55X to 1.7X depending on rehaut (distance from date window)

Material: Sapphire

AR Coating: None.

RWG Pricing:

$25 USD each up to 2 pieces

$20 USD each for 3 or more pieces

+ a couple bucks for shipping and packaging per order

Production Time:

4 weeks. Expect to have them in stock by the end of January early February. Manufacturer will be taking time off around the holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the update!! my pam 063 is already getting antys in its pantsy :bounce:

thanks for all your hard work on these -- it really is appreciated :victory:

Heard from the lens shop today, and they've informed me that the cyclopes are on schedule to ship in 2 weeks. At that time I will be (slowly) making my way down the list of interested parties and sending PMs with payment details.

:kicking: