When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Boss wears a bad rep, what to do?

cyphion

So my indirect boss was in today, and I noticed he was wearing a Breitling of some sorts. So my boss says to me, take a look at his watch. So I did, and said nice watch. But then he takes it off, and shows it to me. It was terrible on all sorts. Like really, really bad. They all know that I am a big watch guy, and build Frankens and source parts, ect. So I proceeded with nice watch. I played out the "friends don't let friends wear bad reps" card, but just didn't have the heart. Just thought I'd share. Any other stories from the group, where you just didn't have the heart to tell them, "Not so much" Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

When I just started out working, my senior wore a quartz ROO and insisted it was gen bought for $18k.

I was just starting out learning about watches and it was a few weeks later than I realised that it was a rep, and not a very convincing one.

What's with high corporate folks and bad reps? :lol: 

I've not been asked about my stuff in depth apart from the 'Nice watch' comments but tbh in that situation I'd just keep my mouth shut about it unless he asks you for advice   :inverted: hey you could refer him to RwG though mate, more the merrier ! 

When I went to my current job interview, my boss was wearing a horrible PO rep. I was wearing my gen PO, and he instantly noticed it, he didn't know that I noticed it as well. He then put on a jacket and hid the watch. 

Luckily, that didn't hurt my chances, but since then he doesn't wear a watch anymore. I never talked about it since then as well, but he keeps complimenting me on my watches...

• Like 1

As I do have 2 separate collections ... a gen & a rep one ... I only talk about the gen collection while in office.

I did arrange some gen-watch-deals in the last 2 years within my company as I am known as a watch-freak, but I do have good connection to some major watchdealers in my hometown, so thats easy for me.

Dr. Theo

My workplace is a cornucopia of Walmart specials, $20 max, velcro strap, digital display, it is really aweful. On the bright side, some of the control room guys can be spotted wearing some decent pieces. Breitling Blackbird the other day, one guy rotates a no date sub, Doxa sub, and a hideous RADO, have also spotted a Speedmaster pro and a Heuer Autavia.