When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Seized :(

Rk100

I ordered a sweet Hublot BB ceramic rose gold from Andrew (ttw).

It's been in the "international hub" since the 7th feb. Today I finally received letters from customs and a company called Detain-uk breaking the bad news to me that my watch was seized.

Can anyone tell me if they had this experience and/or offer any advice?

Thanks

I recall reading a few threads on this matter.  The outcome depends on your next move really.  Iirc, you should contact them and state you know its a replica, and you are simply a collector of reps.  this of course is dependant on the restrictions your country has on replicas.

I disagree. I wouyld not contact them unless they contact you specifically. You aren't going to get the watch back. Also your address is probably now flagged in their computer so when you order another one(s) i would try to get it shipped to another address and name. Also make a copy of the letter that you received from Detain-UK and when you contact Andrew to tell him that your watch has been seized, also send him a copy of the Detain-UK letter. Most of the dealers will reship a watch, but they require proof of seizure before re shipping.

As Ssteel said, there have been a lot of threads on this subject in the past few years, read some of them and you will be better informed.

i would advise NOT contacting them to inform them you know its a replica...you would be openly admitting that you were importing counterfeit goods...probably wouldnt have the best outcome for you! i would just ignore the letters, deny all knowledge, and get the next sent via a different address-a good friend/family etc...

• Like 1

Andrew will replace the watch, but the replacement is best shipped via EMS (avoid Fedex, if possible).

Are there more issues with Fedex then in your experience?  It's just that personally I opted for Triangular shipping via UK with Fedex which cost me $70 total just for shipping for one watch.

I was under the impression from what I have searched, found, and read that this is the safest shipping process available.

Edited by SSTEEL

Some great info over on RWI regarding customs in the UK, and what measures to take.  There are clear talks of if you get a letter from above said company, where they mention destroying your property, all you need to do is write to them telling them you do not approve this, and the watch will be forwarded onto you.

Obviously this is open to disprove, but the thread below is a long one with several pages of members who have all experienced customs issues in the UK.

Here's the thread.  It's actually a poll, which is quite revealing on it's own..

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/uk-customs-seizures-113838.html?highlight=seized

So Andrew finally replied and he said he will try to reship another watch via DHL or FEDEX. Been receiving mixed reviews about both of them so who knows. Hope it doesn't get seized again. Provided a different address. If I don't get it this time, thing I'll retire from the rep game. Fingers crossed.