When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first rep is here!

deathb4dzhonor

I didn't know where to post this, but my first rep is in after a LONG 2 day wait, and my mind is blown! I just want to say thank you to everyone involved in this AMAZING forum. Also a special thanks to my new "watch guy!" Your customer service is above and beyond all expectations!post-52094-0-48060500-1363019257_thumb.j

Edited by deathb4dzhonor

It was US to US 2-3 day. And I can see that! I don't know much about what to look for but it's the closest I've ever seen. I've seen cheap ones but this is surgical! The only thing I can see is the "sweep" is not exact. It's a little jumpy unlike the super smooth genuine. It's Swiss 2836-2. Any recommendations on a smoother movement?

2836 should give an identical sweep to the gen, the smoothness of the sweep depends on the beat rate, at 28,800bph this is identical to the movements built by rolex. I suspect that you would still see the slightly choppy sweep from a gen, if you were looking for it.

Congrats on the compliment, they are rare with watches, most people never notice that I'm wearing a watch, let alone that it might be a rep. That said, I wouldn't worry about being called out by a gen owner, only a rep collector would ever even be capable of calling out a decent rep. You think they notice a low crown, slightly taller crown guards, slight spacing difference in the dial text? Not likely

Wear it well, it looks like a great piece.

• Like 1

Thank you. Yeah I just looked at a gen expII and movement was just as choppy. No complaints at all! Just got my first compliment. My boss (who owns several gens) couldn't tell it was a rep.

You don't want your boss thinking you've got a gen on your wrist - he'll get ideas that he's paying you too much!