When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Have to go to a AD wearing a rep!

redroom

I know that I'm breaking a cardinal rule here but I have a side gig as a mystery shopper and my next assignment is a AD. Not a common brand of ours - Piaget but for those who know it is quite a high-end brand. I need to go in there pretending to buy a watch and this of course means looking the part. Unfortunately all I own are reps! I have a Pam 111 a Pam 288k an iwc Ingy (not modded) and hublot all black. I'm leaning towards one of the Pam's. And if the consensus is not to wear a watch at all I will try my best to respect that. But seems this mystery shop will go a lot smoother if I have at least something on my wrist!

Hah I eat at restaurants also but they actually send me to higher end ones :) still chains but def not bad! Yeah it's a fun little side thing. My next assignment will be a panerai shop so in that case ill almost certainly go bare wrists or may try the IWC

Well it goes without sayin that I won't be flaunting whatever I wear (rep or gen) but is the official rule ( and I thought it was guidance not rule but anyways) to not wear reps into an AD which carriers the brand or is it any AD? In the case of any AD doesn't that mean you are breaking forum rules by wearing your reps into Macy's or Bloomingdales?

The biggest problem will likely be that once you look to try a watch on that you will take yours off...now if you put it in your pocket then you have  a problem as it creates suspicion and if you put it down as you would in normal circumstances I can guarantee the sales person will ask to look at it...especially if its a nice one..

So if I were you I would wear a gen cheapo (Timex etc borrowed etc) or none at all and use that as part of your report on there service... ie they then noticed my watch or were looking at my wrist ..clothes shoes etc and judging me and I felt uncomfortable as they sized me up and I felt they werent interested blah blah...

It is a good way of making ADS change thier attitude to guys weraing nothing or something cheaper than their own range !!

If you wear nothing you acn say you are looking with a certain budget as mum or dad or someone is treating you to a nice watch ..or they have had some luck..lotto etc etc and want to treat you..

there are 101 reasons you can give the impression you are serious buyer and why you wont buy that day.. :) So NO you dont have to go to AD wearing a rep !!

Edited by PeteM
  • Like 1

i think there is the spirit and letter of the law in this case, as in many things in jurisprudence. :g:  If you stroll into a AD by chance at a Mall wearing a Rep well OK :partytime: ,now going in with the intent to pass off as gen or to see if you can fool them , a NO NO. :nono:

Red you want to foot shipping I will send you something.

Address sent send me what you got ..

:)

Well it goes without sayin that I won't be flaunting whatever I wear (rep or gen) but is the official rule ( and I thought it was guidance not rule but anyways) to not wear reps into an AD which carriers the brand or is it any AD? In the case of any AD doesn't that mean you are breaking forum rules by wearing your reps into Macy's or Bloomingdales?

It sounds like you have not read the rules, specifically item 25 -

Do not visit an AD (Authentic Dealer) with your replica watch and show it of as the real thing. If you do so, we are not interested in hearing about it. Such post will be deleted.

This thread locked.