When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yuki/Ingod 1680 case sets

bones

Hmm, what say ye educated masses on the accuraces of the three different case sets? 

From just initial observations:

• Ingod lugs appear too thin, Yuki appear better, don't drop off so fast and retain a chunkier look
  • Neither seem to have the correct thicker bezel, they are quite thin
  • Difficult to tell on the crownguards from the angles that they give, Yuki appear pretty fat, which is better than too thin
  • Ingod crown position looks good, can't tell with Yuki
  • Crownguard shape appears better on Yuki overall

Ingod on white background, Yuki on black. 

khB8pYu.png

q0i0Osb.png

DFdlDl5.png

I can't speak for the Yuki case, but I bought an ingod 1680 caseset a while back to try.  I decided to not use it after all though.  I didn't care for the slope of the lugs.  The crown guards are pretty good but could use to modding, but it will take a gen crystal, movement, and dial.  Here are some pictures I did a while ago of it mocked up.

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

I have a yuki 5513, and the case is very nice. But, its a different case with different lugs so it would be hard to accurately comment on the 1680 case. The custom engravings are good, could be a touch deeper, but much better than the ingod engravings which are way to heavy. Crown position is pretty spot on if not totally spot on. Took gen movement, crown, tube, full bezel assembly, and crystal with perfection. I happen to think the yuki cases are very good, especially for the price.

Remember, alot of fitment problems are due more to manufacturing variability & lack of QC rather than to inaccuracies in design (though that may be relevant in some cases, too). So 1 Yuki case may take gen parts without any problems, but the next may require a bit of fiddling.

"I happen to think the yuki cases are very good, especially for the price."

I had a Yuki 1680 case a couple years ago and it was very well done and had good numbers/letters etc. I have read about glued in case tubes etc since then but maybe they were isolated instances.

I used a few DW cases but they need a LOT of work plus another crystal/bezel set. I never took the time to sand the case sides flat like genuine (they come rounded like a DJ) but if anyone was tough enough to do this, a DW case would be pretty good for $159 (price quote a few weeks ago) + a Clark bezel set and crystal.

note:

I used a Clark bezel kit with Clark 19 crystal and the id of the crystal retaining bezel had to be enlarged a tiny bit. With a GS 19 crystal, the retaining ring was too loose. Did not try a genuine crystal.

The numbers/letters are fair, some cases are not numbered/lettered between the lugs.

As for later MBK cases...the 1680 and 5513 cases are exactly the same internally and made for an Eta 2836.

A rolex 1575 date mvt and genspec dial will fit if you remove the slight step cut in back side of the dial window...this will allow the genspec dial to lay flat and even.

A 1520/70 no date mvt with genspec dial does not work because the stem will be too far to the front of the case tube.

A 1575 date mvt with all the date works removed and the calendar wheel spacer left in place would work with a no date dial.

The numbers/letters are fair to poor as they are shallow and laser etched.

Does DW have a page with listings of his cases etc?

I'm not too worried about case re-shaping as I tend to do quite a lot anyway. Maybe not to the extent of RA but enough. 

Definitely curious to see how it would work out cost wise vs Yuki case set.

This would be for a full rep build anyway. Planning for a serviced low beat 2846 with hacking lever removed. Or worst case it would be a 2836 clone with 2846 low beat running gear and hacking lever removed. Whichever works out best. 

• 1 year later...