When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help! Lost my job.

Rolexman

Very sorry to hear about your job loss. Don't let this diminish the wonderful new addition to your family on the way.<br />Remember too sometimes a door closes only to let others open.<br />The best of luck with your new baby and your search for a new career.

Believe it or not but I get more sympathy from all the nice members here than I get from my "friends".

When having tough times you can see what people are real friends, and which are only friends for sunshine days.

Very sorry to hear what happened to you, and more sorry that I can't really help you in this situation. I can only wish you all the best and say that the most important things in life are your health and your family! I'm sure that your bad situation will change soon, and I'll keep my fingers crossed!

It's true. I get more friendship here than from my friends. I have had the great pleasure of meeting some of the members here, but most I have interacted with have been through these cyber pages. Some very cool people are on this forum .

Sorry to hear this, Mark. You have the most important things - your health, your family and your wits. Just remember that this situation is temporary and it may seem scary, but it could be a blessing in disguise just like many have already noted.

A friend lost an executive job of 11 years, his wife was in third trimester with their second child, they had closed on their new home a month prior and were in the middle of major renovations. To top it all off USCIS had lost wife's paperwork for permanent residence and started deportation proceedings. Seems like a mathematical improbability that so many things can go wrong at the same time, but it sure happened!

Now, a year later the family is in great shape. Husband picked up what he thought was a temporary consulting gig that opened some phenomenal opportunities. They were able to keep their new home, hired an attorney and straitened all the immigration stuff out, eventually finished all renovations, but most importantly even before all that wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.

Just know that everyone had similar events happen to them, some folks are going through them right now, always seems dire but personally I'm a much happier, more productive and caring person because of what it took to deal with these things throughout my life.

I know that we have lots of cliches to describe just about everything, but some are really true. Adversity is the fire that tempers the steel in your heart,mind and body. You and your family will come out of this closer and stronger and someday you will look back and say that job loss may have been the best thing that ever happened to me.It may have closed one door, but it gave you the will to go out and kick one open that was even bigger and better

The exact same thing happen to me and my wife. On 7th month of pregnancy we came back from the baby-moon. And both got the boot on the same day. Felt like the world shattered on you, but yes, its not all so bad afterall. It makes you go out there and do things.

Hope you get the changes happen in your life asap.

Unbelievable! Double whammy, that just plain out sucks. So sorry to hear Rolexman. As others have offered if there is anyway we can assist, support, etc just let us know. Like Nanuq I am not a professional recruiter but I spend a fair bit of time receiving and reviewing resumes and applications. More than willing to proof read anything you might need.

Keep your chin up. In spite of the financial hardship at the moment you have the best gift on the way soon :)

Sorry to hear the double whammy bad news friend. I am sure that you will ride the wave and rise to the top very soon. It happened to me 3 years ago for both me and my wife and we are doing better than before so I hope and wish you the best.

Take care.