When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Black hole GMT

panerai153

Finally got a bracelet on my GMT IIC, so I've been wearing it a lot ther past few days. I was outside today, sort of mixed overcast and some sun. I decided to take a few photos since my only photos since it came back from sneed12 were with a "Bond" NATO, which is definitely NOT the right strap for this watch.

At any rate I'm taking a few photos and I see this on the  LED screen. Is it a black hole a white hole or just a plain old hole? You be the judge

post-327-0-35875400-1366167233_thumb.jpg

Even if you can't see the numbers to tell the time,  you will always know what day it is!!

Even if you can't see the numbers to tell the time,  you will always know what day it is!!

Looks good, Jebus Rolex and their AR'd cyclops. I once heard that Rolex have a policy of never putting AR on any full crystal as they want maximum shine and gloss and reflections for sale purposes. They want to blind people. Have the forgotten about telling the time then. :)

@stg the bezel setup is gen but to me the bezel itself looks odd, the triagnle at 12 looks uneven but could be the pic. Either way it looks great. And when it comes to the black, white or asain hole, could it maybe be a glory hole........lol lol lol :g: thats my sick mind at work. lol

Just the pic mate from what I can tell, insert looks awesome I reckon  :notworthy:  What's a Glory Hole M ? ........................ :partytime:  (there is no sarcastic smiley is there)  +1 on the sick mind mate !

Finally got a bracelet on my GMT IIC, so I've been wearing it a lot ther past few days. I was outside today, sort of mixed overcast and some sun. I decided to take a few photos since my only photos since it came back from sneed12 were with a "Bond" NATO, which is definitely NOT the right strap for this watch.

At any rate I'm taking a few photos and I see this on the  LED screen. Is it a black hole a white hole or just a plain old hole? You be the judge

attachicon.gif4-16-2013bb.jpg

Mine says hi

A2651432-EA5D-4148-AE64-6B3E273011EF-124

@stg the bezel setup is gen but to me the bezel itself looks odd, the triagnle at 12 looks uneven but could be the pic. Either way it looks great. And when it comes to the black, white or asain hole, could it maybe be a glory hole........lol lol lol :g: thats my sick mind at work. lol

Yeh, the cyclops might have AR under it, but  the rest is darn sure plenty reflective. That insert reflects everything!! maybe Rolex needs to AR the insert too.

I have to say I really, really like this watch. kudos to sneed for the great job that he did getting everything to fit. You can't imagine the difference in the bezel "click" when you rotate the bezel. Sort of the difference between the door on a Bentley closing and the door on a Chevy Cavalier closing!!