When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

45mm PO QC Pics from Andrew...How do they look?

Looks great, one of the better ones I've seen in a while...nice pearl! Go for it!

QC photos are for you, and your TD, not us my friend.

Looks good, but like ssteel said they are between you & Andrew :)

Don't worry about that stuff guys, we welcome QC here!

• Like 1

This forum is for us, not for the dealers. Remember that.   Some people treat them like rock stars, while they get charged a $170 premium for a dirty Swiss movement.  Try to have some perspective and keep a grip on reality; you do know that there are dealers who still only charge a $60 difference for Swiss, right?

• Like 2

QC photos are for you, and your TD, not us my friend.

Looks good, but like ssteel said they are between you & Andrew :)

Oh, pardon me. For a second I thought I was at RWG where we discuss matters that concern rep watches. ;P

Thanks for your input Cougar. 

Edited by david.the.marvelous

has nobody else noticed that this 45mm does NOT have "liquid metal" on the caseback in the qc pics...i knew the AR had been sorted, but does this mean the caseback has been updated too? or have the pics been mixed up with a 42mm version...

the qc pics above are of a 45mm...the date window, bracelet endlink number etc are all for the 45...so it would seem that not only have they sorted the AR issue but also the caseback...hopefully the OP will post pics when he gets it, cos that is probably the best one ive seen posted so far...

Pearl looks flatter than on my PO. Placement is good. Damn these new generations of PO's are nice.

I'm in Geneva for work at the moment, and the guy sat next to me on the place had what looked like a gen 45mm PO with the liquid metal bezel. Pearl on his looked a little high!

the qc pics above are of a 45mm...the date window, bracelet endlink number etc are all for the 45...so it would seem that not only have they sorted the AR issue but also the caseback...hopefully the OP will post pics when he gets it, cos that is probably the best one ive seen posted so far...

Good catch on the missing LM bamcky, eyes like a hawk ;) never noticed it here, I really thought they wouldn't be bothered getting rid of if, but seems like they sorted it.

Yes Bam you are correct! Just spoke with Andrew at Trusty and BOTH issues have been rectified! I should have waited. Now on to the quick sale I hope.

indeed i may just bite the bullet now...hmmmm quickest v2 ive seen ha! the fadeing bezel was on another forum, where it appeared that the guy posting the pics had rubbed the bezel with his finger and the paint around the triangle had faded and smudged...its the only one i seen with that problem though and from memory it was never followed up...so maybe take it with a pinch of salt...however, you could always remove the insert and spray it with a matt coat or 2 to be sure...wouldnt hurt it like!

this "v2" is now great i reckon, all the 2 major issues sorted...and the older gen planet ocean crystal fits if you wanted an upgrade even further...top rep, now wheres my debit card...

Are you guys sure that there is something wrong with the pearl? Could it be the lighting instead? 

In the following image the pearl does look like it could be pushed in a bit on one side:

Qe5AUjx.png

However, in the following image it looks like the pearl is evenly flush on both sides:

cAzPEsi.jpg

Now you guys have me all worried that I accepted a rep with a bad pearl :(

See that's what they do :) It's fine, it's minimally not straight, seriously you will not notice that on the watch. You can reject it on that if you want, your prerogative  but you may get one with worse pearl. Imo, it looks pretty good, it's centered in the triangle and pretty flush and has no glue or other residue sticking out of it, which is good for a rep.

Edit: also the reason why it looks like it can be pushed up is the holes are cut a tad bigger in diameter than the pearl, you push it up to fill the hole and you get a edging on the bottom. Such is life with reps.